A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Going to make E38 this year lee?

Probably not but its not completely out of the question as the paint and engine will be done. Theres alot of detailing work to do, after that tho'.

Lee, its been a long time... whats happening with yr corrado?? see you on DW forum... seems like you have a new passion now...

i'm struggling to find time to work on it as i'm working 12hrs a day and weekends too. Yeah, and got a list of cars that people want me to detail for them and its nice to transform a car in 10hrs rather than years!!. I'm actually considering just handing the Corrado to Awesome to get the VRT conversion finished as my friend who was doing it for me is in the same position. He'd planned to do it during a quiet spell at work but he's stacked out. I'll get there in the end.

i'm struggling to find time to work on it as i'm working 12hrs a day and weekends too. Yeah, and got a list of cars that people want me to detail for them and its nice to transform a car in 10hrs rather than years!!. I'm actually considering just handing the Corrado to Awesome to get the VRT conversion finished as my friend who was doing it for me is in the same position. He'd planned to do it during a quiet spell at work but he's stacked out. I'll get there in the end.

you are busy, especailly if yr detailing cars too... yeh my bro details cars too.. he's always busy.. I help out too when Im free... VRT sounds awesome.. we followed sukh back from MIVW, he's turbo'd his.. its bloody quick & the noise it makes... wow...

detailing cars is over rated i do mine with swarfega...

lee i hear you maybe bringing the rado to e38 show, if rumour is true cant wait!

detailing cars is over rated i do mine with swarfega...

lee i hear you maybe bringing the rado to e38 show, if rumour is true cant wait!

doubt it, won't be ready. Hopefully if i can get some time off it will be back for next year.

lee are you on audi_sport.net by any chance

recognise the blue alcantara

Yeah, not so much nowadays. It's fun bateing "mummies special boy" or Ess Three has he prefers. Most of the tuners on the board send me a thanks PM every time i pick up the sh*te he posts.

:lol:

Hi Lee, never really posted in this thread before but yesterday i took the time and read through pretty much all of it and i just want to say your corrado is stunning mate! I am with some of the others in not being too keen on the rear end BUT i think it looks good on your car, i have seen similar on other cars and hated it but yours works with the whole package! Is the plan of going turbo still happening??

Oh and i have seen some of your detailing work over on DW and you have really come a long way with it and done some awesome work! Much better than me thats for sure!! Keep it up :D

Rob.

Hi Lee, never really posted in this thread before but yesterday i took the time and read through pretty much all of it and i just want to say your corrado is stunning mate! I am with some of the others in not being too keen on the rear end BUT i think it looks good on your car, i have seen similar on other cars and hated it but yours works with the whole package! Is the plan of going turbo still happening??

Oh and i have seen some of your detailing work over on DW and you have really come a long way with it and done some awesome work! Much better than me thats for sure!! Keep it up :D

Rob.

thanks very much. Yep, i'm not going to drive it again until its knocking 400bhp!

Rob.

thanks very much. Yep, i'm not going to drive it again until its knocking 400bhp!

lets hope you drive it how a 400bhp car should be driven ;)

Well i'm bored with the S3 so think its time i cracked on with the Corrado. Had a long delay with the engine as my friend was meant to be building it for me but has lost interest in Dubs. Wished he'd told me 12months ago! I'm going to be meeting up with a new engine builder in the next 2-3week weeks and handing over the spare block i've bought. Its a 60K 2.9 which i picked up for £150 with pistons and crank, not bad eh. The plan is now to build an engine ground up, uprated rods and pistons so the sky is the limit power wise. Hopefully this build thread will start moving at a pace again during 2008. I'd like to get the car ready for VW Festival in Leeds. I'm currently thinking going the hidden turbo route..or should i display alot of chromed up pipe work? Any suggestions on the type of head i should run? Big valve or just flowed?

Ive never seen this car in the metal before but there are some unbelievably good pictures in this thread, awesome car..

Hidden pipe work would look best IMO...

Glad to hear you're getting this going again Lee and look forward to seeing it about next year 8)

Glad to hear you're getting this going again Lee and look forward to seeing it about next year 8)

agreed!

Looking forward to seeing it again Lee

Any suggestions on the type of head i should run? Big valve or just flowed?

Bigger valves and cams makes the best difference.

I've had very good results with 1mm oversize valves, 263 low overlap cams and gasket matched intake ports. You'll get more clout with less boost and it will pull much better past 6000rpm.

Flowing isn't really worthwhile on the VRT.

agreed!

Looking forward to seeing it again Lee

Me Three.. smooth is the car smooth should the engine be..

(oh and are you going to put the rear inner light clusters back on? )

Sorry i've not be around much lately, or done much on the C! Bought my myself a new daily and spending time tinkering with that. No mods, like our favourite coupe i'm just trying to keep on top of the niggles at the moment.

DSC01184b.jpg

DSC01182b.jpg

DSC01177b.jpg

DSC01173b.jpg

DSC01170b-1.jpg

DSC01187b.jpg

Sorry i've not be around much lately, or done much on the C! Bought my myself a new daily and spending time tinkering with that. No mods, like our favourite coupe i'm just trying to keep on top of the niggles at the moment.

DSC01177b.jpg

Cripes!

Lee, Do you have a set of white kidd gloves and a clean-room suit to drive that! :norty:

Brave interior choice, no fixing the car and jumping in to check it then! :notworthy:

WOW....

nice daily 8) ... the corrado really is all about the love of it for you then :D