A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Don't think I've said it yet so here I go....

Awesome!

Looks fantastic, although there are still certain things I don't like, but on the whole it's a superb car!

Love it all except for the rear mate, just not me cuppa as they say. I need to see it in the flesh as some of the body work details look great. Not seen a ground breaking C in the way of subtile mods since J Derks G60 over in Holland (sure I have the spelling wrong there!

I'll admit i posted a pic on the e-group of a flushed tailgate and how bad it looked. Then steve denton said i should do it so i photoshop'd my c and its started to grow on me. Its certainly very different when you see it for the first time, i had my doubts but now i love it. Looks so much more modern and clean and the rear and gives it the extra visual width that goes with the 9.5 rear wheel. Simply, it had to be done.

All of that, and you still cant see out of the windscreen when its raining. Not gonna do the Lupo Wipers?

Not keen on the look of lupo wipers, could remove them i suppose. For shows only of course.

Lee,

How do you get on with having no rear fog is that ok on the MOT or are we using our local friendly garage??

Mark? :evil:

I'll tell you come MOT time. No CAT, no side repeaters, no fogs, no reversing lights and no ground clearance. I can see the fail report now :lol:

Lee have you got your body mans contact details?

Yep, don't have the phone number to hand try http://www.yell.co.uk but the rest of the details are below. He's the top man for painting C's.

Jason Buckley @

Barry Roberts Vehicle Body repairs

Retford

Nottinghamshire.

I think the best bit is the roof. I love things like that. Simple yet so effective and if you didnt have a Raddo you wouldnt notice. Sort of "only in the know" mod.

Look much more understated in the flesh.

It certainly does - like I said at Tatton, all the mods are so nice and subtle that there's a lot of things you don't notice straight away........you had to tell me about the filler cap lip! :oops:

The car's got a real presence about it! Love it!! :wink: 8)

Look at yr car everyday, guess what my new desktop screen saver at work is... :wink:

cheers mate,

thats a real compliment. :D

Inspired by Bally's comments. Last pic has potential, car should have been further into the foreground i think. Pro pictures to follow in a couple of weeks. Hmm think i have a bash at turning one of the pic's into a wallpaper with the Voodoo Warrior text on it.

Right I am going to be honest. I keep looking at the pictures and I think the tailgate and number plate in the bumper ruin what is otherwise a totally perfect car. Everything about the car is absolutely right, the stance, the wheels, the colour, the interior, but the back end looks too much like a kevved up astra for me. Sorry Lee. Still awesome though and if you like it then thats what matters! :)

Jay

Right I am going to be honest. I keep looking at the pictures and I think the tailgate and number plate in the bumper ruin what is otherwise a totally perfect car. Everything about the car is absolutely right, the stance, the wheels, the colour, the interior, but the back end looks too much like a kevved up astra for me. Sorry Lee. Still awesome though and if you like it then thats what matters! :)

Jay

I know where your coming from Jay, but where else do you put it??

This is the first time I've commented on this car..................and I agree the car is just sweet.

But I have to agree with Jay. The back end looks like there's something missing where the original plate was, I think it's too plain in that area. Maybe if the reverse/fogs where still there then that would help. The number plate is ok where it is.

Just my opinion of course.

Jay

yeah must admit the position of the number plate reminds me too much of the "trailblazers" that were common on mk3 XR3/3i's that relocated the number-plate to unde the bumper......and detracts from what does look like a very well modded C......need to see it in the flesh tbh however as i wasn't that keen on your own C's influences but once i saw yours in the flesh Jay....as you know i was gobsmacked 8)

Wow. love the colour and the interior and the engine bay.... not so keen on the rear of the car but its ok....not as bad as the wheels though..... sorry...each to their own but i still cant stand those big wide wheels!!!

amazing amount of workmanship though..

i think the car looks beautiful from every angel..... the back end is different but i understand what is being said above,,,but i think it does suit the car and im sure once we all see it in real life no one prob even get a chance to pull a fault.

also the wheels looks spot on,,,suit the car sooooo much and the pure blackness of the car looks amazing but i am biased....pic026a jus blew me away with the pure colour...

well done mate and hope u enjoy all the hard work