A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Since kev doesn't want me to show more pics of the body mods :( , here's the result of 20hrs of polishing instead. :wink:

LOL! I was only messing mate. Your car is going to be an example to the rest of us when complete.

What on earth are those things in the pic? They look like some sort of mummified blobs of metal!

Edit: Only saw the first pic at first, LOL!

Jesus, does your pursuit for perfection know no bounds?

Ignore my previous comments... that's all good work. I'm just jealous :oops:

Jesus, does your pursuit for perfection know no bounds?

Ignore my previous comments... that's all good work. I'm just jealous :oops:

I know its completely stupid and never intended to do this. I've turn a car i love driving in to a car that becoming completely impractical. But i've got to finish it now i've started and it's impossible to cut any corners when you decide to do something to a certain standard.

That's the trouble, once you start a job like that, you start noticing other things that need doing and it can easily escalate out of control! The paintwork looks amazing and once you get some Meguiars or Swissol on it, it's going to rock even more.

I've never been into bodywork at that level, too scared to take a minter like that anywhere, but you'll earn a place on the concours stand with ease when done.

I've never been into bodywork at that level, too scared to take a minter like that anywhere, but you'll earn a place on the concours stand with ease when done.

I'm actually worried about getting the car back, it will be heartbreaking getting the first scratch or stone chip. Its the first time i've ever had new paint. Picking it up next saturday. :) then got the engine to build up, get the trim in and the dash swapped. Some of the new stuff is going to have to wait till later in the season or for the PVW shoot as i just don't have the time.

Thanks Lee.. I feel so special now ;)

Ooh.. you smoothed out the little creases that you have at the rear of the car. Nice touch :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished article, I gotta say!

Thanks Lee.. I feel so special now ;)

Ooh.. you smoothed out the little creases that you have at the rear of the car. Nice touch :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished article, I gotta say!

You've missed something.

No swage line on the bumper ( if thats the right word? )

You have to tell us who painted your car mate, that finish is bloody superb.

Well the lights are sitting a LOT more flush to the body now... and I can't see that little line that runs around the top of the bumper either..

This is my reference picture from my car if anyone else wants to play a little spot the difference!

bingo.

Don't worry, the painter will be getting all the praise he deserves. I was very lucky to catch him at the right time, my car was at his shop within a week of asking him to do it. He's now booked up till next year.

bingo.

Don't worry, the painter will be getting all the praise he deserves. I was very lucky to catch him at the right time, my car was at his shop within a week of asking him to do it. He's now booked up till next year.

Would that be Steve from Premier then, Mich @ MJ Interiors said you were trying to get him to respray your car ages ago, (over a year ago). Is this true?

Would that be Steve from Premier then, Mich @ MJ Interiors said you were trying to get him to respray your car ages ago, (over a year ago). Is this true?

Steve was going to paint it for me in december, but Carl taylor crashed his car and Dan rolled his so he kept having to push mine back. I really wanted the car finished this year and steve couldn't be sure when he could do it. So i had to cancel on him which we were both gutted about. The new painter is also on the scene and a mate of steve's, who steves been ribbing relentlessly (as he does) about being up to the job of painting my car. Hence he's making sure he does a belting job as he knows steve will be trying to find the slightest flaw in his work..

Not seeing any flaws so far :lol:

Got any more pics of the car as a whole? Or are you trying not to give too much away at this stage? You tease!

Not seeing any flaws so far :lol:

Got any more pics of the car as a whole? Or are you trying not to give too much away at this stage? You tease!

Not yet, last time i went there was no, glass, front bumper, bonnet. Plus I'm saving a few mods for the first show. Wait while you see the engine :wink:

Slightly OT, but i did promise Bally these pics of my C.

Picking the C up tomorrow :D If your on the A1 between 12-2pm you can't miss me :wink:

:D :D :D Its back!! :D :D

Had to drive it back with the Coilovers on full hard until the ride height and wheel spacing is perfected. Very bouncy but remarkably, not harsh at all. FK's are the dogs.

The paint job, amazing. Those rear wheels. :shock: