A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

OMG

I am new to this forum and corrado. The only thing I would really like for my C at the moment is to upgrade the Interior as it is prety naff. Yours looks at first glance exactly like a corrado interior but just oozes quality . Nice very subtle.I looked at those piccys of yours and nearly shot my load !!!!!

No joking aside that is a nice car the only thing I dont like is the wheels or the way they sit on your rims. They dont look natural but the rest of the car does.

I havnt bothered reading all of the thread or I would be an old man before I finish reading it, so have you any other plans for it?

OMG

No joking aside that is a nice car the only thing I dont like is the wheels or the way they sit on your rims. They dont look natural but the rest of the car does.

I havnt bothered reading all of the thread or I would be an old man before I finish reading it, so have you any other plans for it?

Thats probably down to taste, come along to a show and have a look for yourself. The wheels and ride height will make perfect sense in that environment. De-badging and a set of splitrims don't cut the mustard nowadays unfortunately.

For the future, the theme will always be the same but i'll continue to improve the overall quality of the car.

Thats probably down to taste, come along to a show and have a look for yourself

Will do Lee !

Here's a quick pic to give you an idea. No major changes, just lifting the bar a little with more underside detailing. Brakes are behind schedule but should be in place for GTI Spring Festival.

BTW, if you've got a pic of my car from behind on the M1 be sure to post it :wink:

morechrome.jpg

Very shiny, what are they????? :?[/quote:e3600]

Looks like hifi bits to me, not sure what the round things are though :?

Rear brake sheilds?

thats right, they weren't too bad to do. Think i'll powdercoat them clear too as it can be a complete pain re-chroming stuff every two years.

Will do Lee !

Which shows are you doing?

Will do Lee !

Which shows are you doing?

Pretty much all of them with the exception of Inters, its not worth the fuel. More of a trade show these days.

A sneaky pic of my new brakes which arrived today. Bit late for Elsecar but they will be in place for GTi Spring Festival in a month. Should fill my rims nicely :D

brakecaliper.jpg

Putting them next to a size 5 shoe does make them look quite large doesn't it!!! joker:

Only kidding - looking good!! What brakes are they AP Racing???

Putting them next to a size 5 shoe does make them look quite large doesn't it!!! joker:

Only kidding - looking good!! What brakes are they AP Racing???

There made by a company called Hi-Spec Motorsport. The quality is stunning and well worth the three month wait. The calipers are massive. Believe me, Bremo's are not Big Brakes.

Now thats what Im talking abt!!!

awesome!!!

Can't wait to get them on, should look sweet behind the polished RH. Not many more mods for me to do now.

There made by a company called Hi-Spec Motorsport. The quality is stunning and well worth the three month wait. The calipers are massive. Believe me, Bremo's are not Big Brakes.

How are you going to get those behind the RHs?

Make sure Hi Spec don't feck you about as I've read some stories on Audi forums about squealing problems and warping discs etc.

How are you going to get those behind the RHs?

Make sure Hi Spec don't feck you about as I've read some stories on Audi forums about squealing problems and warping discs etc.

The discs are 28mm thick and i drive the car very gently these day's, so don't think i need worry about warped disc. Hi Spec are hard work, quoted 3weeks delivery, took 12 :roll: Ordered some 30mm RH spacers (£75 :shock: ) for clearance, thank goodness for wide arches.

I know, £75 is cheap if that's what you meant by :shock: My 20mm ones cost £80 curiously though...more money for less metal, LOL!

H&R adapters cost £180 for 2!

Are the HiSpecs 6 pots? They are good brakes, no question. Surprised the thickness is 28mm though, thought they'd be 30s or 32s. What diameter are the discs? Are they alloy bell jobs? Nice.....

hang on a minute, I thought you told us in a previous post that your rims already stick out beyond the arches? and now you are spacing them out further - sorry to say this but it could end up looking like a comedy car :roll:

Nice one Lee.. hope to see your motor at a show real soon..

Not seen it yet?

Yeap saw it at E38 mate, yr cars one of my favourites..

I know, £75 is cheap if that's what you meant by :shock: My 20mm ones cost £80 curiously though...more money for less metal, LOL!

H&R adapters cost £180 for 2!

Are the HiSpecs 6 pots? They are good brakes, no question. Surprised the thickness is 28mm though, thought they'd be 30s or 32s. What diameter are the discs? Are they alloy bell jobs? Nice.....

Your have a choice of thickness so i plummed for the narrowest to give me room to breath if you know what i mean. Yes they have shiny alloy bells :D

hang on a minute, I thought you told us in a previous post that your rims already stick out beyond the arches? and now you are spacing them out further - sorry to say this but it could end up looking like a comedy car :roll:

The back wheels are about and 1" out of the arch, the fronts sit about 5mm in the arch so need to be spaced out IMO to balance the look of the car.

had a look at your motor today at elscar mate - obviously a lot of work gone into it :D

personally I would have different wheels on, ones that stay under the arches and also ones where the tyres arent so stretched......but then again wheels are all down to personal taste and I am firmly stuck in the mid to late nineties as far as taste goes - give me a set of 17" compomotive MOs and I am happy :D