Sign in to follow this  
steve_16v

Alloy wheel repair

does anyone know of any good places that repair alloys in the Devon area, I was having a great old time the other night, driving very spiritedly down a single track country lane when all of a sudden there was an almighty bang as I went over a pothole ... at some speed!

When I got back home I had a look and found the front drivers side rim was bent and the tyre was sticking out a little around the area. And for good measure the shock seems to have killed the cd changer in the boot (or knocked the power out somewhere?).

Also, will the rims be safe if they are fixed because its on an important structural position (see pic). If not I'll have to get some 17's :twisted: (easy to clean ones mind, I've only had these BBS's for six weeks and they are an absolute nightmare to clean!), or I could dig the original estorils out of the garage and use them for a while...

I have seen rims worse than that repaired, but guess it depends if it has cracked etc... I saw a post about wheel refub places somewhere ill see if I can still find it. They look worth it tbh.

I was thinking of getting some Wolfrace Pro-Race BPF (there's a simulator on http://www.wolfrace.co.uk that shows what they would look like) since a friend of mine can get some for about £680 inc. vat with 205/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1's all round. Although I'd rather keep the BBS's to keep the standard look (even though the wheels are from a G60).

Thanks Kev, I've just sent them an email and hopefully they'll be able to repair them, although I'm a little concerned about the following quote on their website:

"We can't create a brand-new wheel from a grotty old one and on safety grounds, we won't repair buckled wheels, where the rim is distorted relative to the centre section. But the majority of bumps and scrapes can be repaired perfectly, as good as new".