veeDuB_Rado

Engine Clean - Good Result! :)

You've sprayed some engine dressing on that :D

Gunk degreaser alone doesn't do that. It shifts the oil sure, but it also leaves everything dry and water marks everywhere.

Yep, just used the Turtlewax CD2 Kit - awesome stuff, done 4 cars now with the same kit - need to buy another one now!

Hmmm, does it stay shiney and nice for long? :norty:

Yeah, that was only the second time I've done the car and we've owned it for 10 years now - wasn't particularly dirty but just looked a bit dusty /dull

You've sprayed some engine dressing on that :D

Gunk degreaser alone doesn't do that. It shifts the oil sure, but it also leaves everything dry and water marks everywhere.

Use pure water as the the final rinse to get rid of the water marks, but use plenty of it as it'll pick up any impurities left on anything it comes in to contact with. In an engine bay it won't be 100% watermark free, but it'll certainly minimise this.

As for where to get pure water, I'm a window cleaner using the pole system, it's common to get about 500l of water for under £20, so finding yourself a local window cleaner to supply you with some water shouldn't be too expensive!

Just a thought to help out :)

Just read all 6 pages of this as my car's engine is Dirtaaay .... Too scared to put a pressure washer to it, may just pay a valet place to do it. .... Prices for engine clean guys ??????

Right - I've just done the TDI and thought i'd post some before and after photo's

This was a very quick job using half a can of NV and a quick blast with the pressure washer, I'll do it again once i've sorted the pipework and changed the intercooler (which is leaking - see the oil over the alternator in the first pic)

Just over 8.5 years and 100k miles later I've done the TDI again ready for it's clutch and DMF change in a couple of weeks time... looks a bit different now to the pics on page 2 but you can see it's the same lump.

Nice to also read RW1's replies in this thread :-)

Edited by Supercharged