Sign in to follow this  
veedub

cams!!!

Is it true that the cams from the 1.8 16v (kr) engine offer more lift than the cams in the 2.0 16v (9a)?

If so, would fitting the kr cams in the 9a offer any reasonable power gains? Is it likely the increased travel will cause the pistons and valves to collide?

How about fitting the kr head in the 9a?

I dunno, just want more power on the cheap!!

Anyone got an exhaust manifold for a 9a?

Cheers Now!!

I have just picked up a whole 1.8 KR head in reasonably good condition.

Would it be more beneficial to fit the kr cams in the 9a of to fit the whole kr head onto the 9a using the 9a anciliries?

The difference is the cost of a headset. Uness you plan to do the valve guides and stuff, just use the inlet cam from the KR in your 9A.

Also, a better gain still can be had from using a modified exhaust cam as in inlet cam. Flusted is the person to contact about them. I think he does them on exchange or something.

I had an exhaust inlet cam in a KR and reckon for the moeny it was a top modification.

Gavin

Fit the KR inlet cam and see how you go. Don't expect miracles though. Mine just fealt a little more lively at high revs.

Same as that.

veedub-g60, how many miles has your 9a done?

I've done that mod on my g60 charged 2.0 9A,i agree, i felt a small difference in torque output,1 word of advice if you are doing the job,watch those bloody half moon oil seals located under the valve cover,their very easy to dislodge and loose and they're also easy to fit wrong and get oil leaks...,same goes for the cam cover's rubber gaskit and seperate plug hole gaskit,carefull not to overtighten the cover's fixing bolts,tighten in sequence.

Luckily as i bought the whole head iv got a spare set! Know what u mean tho, nearly lost them when i was taking the cams out on the bench!

What is the sequence for replacing the rocker cover bolts?

I don't know the official sequence because i've got a Bently G60 manual,i usually tighten first the 2 longer bolts then work on the outer bolts,you'll see if your overtighening because the outer rubber gaskit will 'bow' out.