Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

exhaust sound

ive got 16v turbo corrado, and the sound of the exhaust does it no justice, its only got one silincer on it and the backbox its stainless (scorpian) want to make it a little louder and make bring out that little backfire ive heard on other corrados. if i chance the backbox wil it do n e thin or wil i need a full system. cheers

its vertualy standard sounding but a little deeper and with that turbo purr i want it a little deeper still and louder not boy racer loud though

if i was you i would visit the likes of powerflow and have them build you a custom system. The one near me (newcastle) claims to be able to get any sound you want.

The thing is here though is that you are trying to get the noise of a G60 Supercharged from a Turbo'd car. Not really going to happen. The Turbo acts as a silencer itself! So the only way to get some noise is only to have one backbox but still there is no guarantee you'll get it louder.

My G60 has 3 Silencers of which the rear one is HUGE yet it's still deafening. You'll not get that same noise form a Turbo'd car easily

i've got a powerflow system on my g60 it makes a really deep sound,i think its got 2 silencers on it and i wouldn't want it any louder,it also sounds really good at high revs it cost me about £270,mine also sounded louder when i had the cat removed and its still not boy racer loud

Worth also remembering that there are quiet silencers & loud silencers. It's quite possible for a single silencer system to be quieter than a 3 silencer system.