Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Gear Knob & Gaiter

I've just looking on ebay for a possible replacement gear knob & gaiter for the G. I wondered if another VW or Audi gear knob & gaiter would fit the corrado?? If so, anyone have any pic's? I quite like the all in one jobbies.

Something like this Passat one would be perfect

d5_1_b.JPG

That's not too bad! Would be alright if you changed the bulb to match the clocks. --- **EDIT** actually just noticed you can choose the colour :D

How much & where from?

Link is on the first page.. just been through and ordered one for my MK4 as the stock one is looking a bit tatty and tired :) Came to £58 including airmail shipping.. good deal IMHO.

You can choose number of gears and illumination colour (red, blue, green) when ordering so you aint gotta worry about changing bulbs :)

I don't personally think so.. especially when you see the MK4's cockpit which is heavily lit with neon blue and red. I think its quite a tasteful and low key little modification.

To be honest I don't think I want to spend that much on a gear knob & gaiter really. I actually plan on selling the car in the near future, so don't want to do all out spending where I don't have to. I just want to tidy up a few bits that's all.

Cheers

Sell?!?! Get out... :lol:

And the light-up knob (ooh err) can be a bit borderline chav, but I've got some DDI gauges and the chrome bezel rings to go in along with inverting and redding of the LCD and eventually a green - red lighting swap.

That's when I get the spare time to do it, which at the moment I don't.

In the mean time, I've got the knob in, but not wired up the lighting :)

That's not too bad! Would be alright if you changed the bulb to match the clocks.quote]

Or change the clock to match the bulb :D

Sell?!?! Get out... :lol:

I'll be staying VAG, be it with a VR or GTI. Still a little way off yet.

actually plan on selling the car in the near future

NO WAY!! I still aint seen your car yet (although my younger brother has pictures of your car on his phone from when it was parked outside Maidenhead libary) and be a shame to lose it from the area.

From a disillusioned Maidenhead boy.....

LOL! You can always buy it!

I'll no doubt be about in maidenhead some time this weekend. I'll be at no rice this month too!

na you just keep the faster red one LOL!

What colour/reg is yours, I'll keep an eye out.

1st Wednesday of every month at Fleet services of of the M3 - unless it's changed without my knowing!!

Audi TT Knob and gaitor?

Im not sure how much of the TT interior you need to graft tho. Not really my cup of tea but if you want something noticably different its worth thinking about.