Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Road trip planned....

....all booked for Sept 2006

Through France, Germany, Switzerland and into Italy, Lake Garda, Maranello, Tuscany and back through South of France, stopping in Paris for the last night - hope the G60 will be up to it

Over how long of a time period will this take place and any ideas on the miles that you will be covering? How many are you going with?

Over 16 days - most of the time will be spent around Lake Garda, draft itinerary is -

1st September - Eurotunnel - France - Belgium (calling at Spa) - into Germany (calling at Nurburgring - Switzerland (stopping overnight in Luzern

2nd September - down to Lake Garda

11th September - down to Tuscany

14th September - over to France

16th September - up to a last night in Paris

17th September - home

Might just stay in Lake Garda - loads to do and will give me the chance to drive up and do some of the Austrain / Italian mountain drives and the mandatory trip to Maranello - depends how the mood takes us

Booked via Eurocamp - including 15 nights in a mobile home on a fantastic site on the edge of the lake and Eurotunnel and insurance is £510 for two of us

Should do between 2500 and 3000 miles - just me and the wife at the mo

Damn, I'm so jealous right now, me and a few friends have done enough road trips, except they have all been within the confines of UK, lol, not much of a road trip I hear you say.

One day, I will do a "proper" road trip too :-)

Did it four years running a few years back, driven in every country in Europe now but Italy is definitely my favourite, incredibly well disciplined drivers - they just hate being overtaken by non-Italians

Lake garda is foookin gorgeous - as is most of italy - just look out for the fuoooookin nutter italian drivers who wouldnt give a second thoght bashing into a G60

Thats my only concern, mind you I've had six years driving in Italy and apart from one near miss at 120mph on the Autostrada never had a single dent or scratch

mmmm...i did cardiff to calpe spain and back last feb..im thinking of going again in oct/nov....cant wait!.

I've done a couple of good ones.

New Zealand road trip - Bay of Islands (North Island) to Queenstown (South Island) and then back up to Auckland. Absolutely brilliant, beautiful scenery, great roads and very little traffic.

Germany road trip - Munich - Garmish - Stuttgart - Osanbruck - Wolfsburg - Nurburgring - home. Excellent trip if you like German cars.