Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

VR6 big bore throttle

Ok, will adjust that tomorrow eve. then and just develop a light foot for the drive to work tomorrow!

Cheers mate...

1. ahhhh ballacks, having read this i will need one of these or i won't sleep!

2. Bit confussed about re-maps as i thought you could'nt tweak the VR that way?

3. Kev, is your new TB a 2.8? i don't understand.

Sorry, being dimm as usual!

:)

...exactly how I felt when reading simular posts Nick, so I got one. For 125 smackers (inc. posting) you really can't go wrong.

I also brought one as the Unichip that came with the VSR from Asim was mapped with the VSR and an AMD enlarged body. Asim sold his body before I got a chance to have it so thought I'd better get the engine back to the same spec. the unichip was mapped on before fitting.

I haven't fitted the VSR & Unichip yet so am running the TB with a standard mapping and it still makes a very noticable difference. Totally wakes the engine up accross the range and from 3000 she flies. I have a new MAF also so the extra airflow is definately picked up and the fueling increased acordingly. Not sure if you would feel the same benifit on an old MAF though??

Dutch

PS. Kev, I quickly lengthened the cable this morning and now she feels a bit unresponsive between 1-2000 rpm. Guess I over did it so will *play* this evening to get just right.

Cheers Dutch, an email to the man hath been sent !

Not much you can buy for the VR around the £100 mark so this is well worth a try mate cheers.

The VR gaskets are all the reusable type, but you can change it if you want. I've taken throttles on and off about 8 times recently and used the same gasket throughout with no probs!

I'm emailing about one too. Only mods I have are a K&N Panel filter an AmD remap - I assume I can just change the TB - with no further adjustment?? How does this affect MPG - (not that this is likely top stop me getting one as it sounds awesome!!!)

Just drop him a mail, think's there's a small queue at the moment, as he only has one Corrado TB to work with, so he's counting on us guys having a quick turnaround.

He asked me if I have a spare 2.9 TB, so if you know anyone that does he would appreciate it.

I may be able to start the ball rolling - (or dominoes toppling) - as I have access to another car, so the VR can be without TB for a while. Just need to see if I can scrape the cash together!

Righty then, got mine fitted tonight, but my throttle has gone loose. We put the throttle cable on the tightest setting, which helped a bit, but it's still stalling/idling at about 400. How do I get it tighter?

The tension in the cable shouldnt affect the idle unless its too tight then the idle will be high.

Check all the pipes and stuff again then do an ECU reset if your still having problems.

Everything was tightened up or put back together the way it should have been; throttle cable included.

It doesn't feel like it's disconnected from the pedal end of things, although it feels quite loose. Can only suggest that the butterfly on the new one is a lot less springy than the old one. Although that doesn't particularly explain the stalling.

There should be no problem with idle unless the gasket is knackered,or the large rubber gaitor is split. You could also try your old Tps.

I'll have a butchers aroung tonight to see if anything else has come loose.

Tom - fancy coming for a drive to see what you think?

Sorry mate, I'm busy tonight and tomorrow - could lend you a hand at the weekend sometime though.

Might just be worth taking it off, to see if there is anything loose or any splits etc. Maybe try the old one again if there's still no joy.

Was it exactly the same this morning?

That sounds like a good suggestion.

You may be able to wind the return spring round once more so it's more positive.

Have you made sure that the TPS is correctly aligned and connectet and there is no break in the wires etc cos if you pull the plug off the TPS the engine will go funny and may stall, try unclupping the TPS while running and see if it makes a difference, if not then there's your problem.

Chris

No worries, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going mad with this engine revs dropping quicker thing! Seems to be quicker at lower revs too.