Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

What am i likely to get if i sell my G60?

hi everyone,

i havnt been on the forum for ages now but i have just registered my Corrado G60 over here and am wanting to sell it.

it has been garaged and unregistered here for the past 3 years and is in need of a bit or care and attention.

this is the lowdown:

1991 LHD Corrado G60 (PG)

no G-Lader

its had a temporary by-pass done.

n/s/f wing needs replacing due to minor accident damage but i have that to go on the car (needs respraying red)

i bought the car in the middle east in 1998, it came from Japan at the time and i have the VW letter to support this.

i then took it for 1 year to California with me and drove it around and about 2 weeks before i shipped it back to you UK the G-Lader blew up!

since then its sat in my garage and has not been driven.

because of the climate it has been in there is not a single spot of rust on it anywhere but as it is Tornado Red its more of a Tornado Pinkish as it stands! as well as the heat causing this, the material of the roof lining has come off towards the top edge of the boot.

the ignition barrel is faulty so you have to turn the key a bit more than you should and the central locking doesnt work.

i have no service history for the car at all.

the car has done 110000Km/68000 miles and even after being left standing for 12 months started with no problems (with the aid of a power pack)

the car runs fine but the cables need adjusting slightly on the gearbox as its a little bit notchy but i know this is definately not the synchro cos i have had no problems with it until it has been standing in the garage.

its just been registered by the DVLA this week and currently has 12 months MOT.

basically my question is.... how much is it worth?

thanks in advance,

i dont mean to offend mate...but the answer to that on my opinion is....not alot really.. :(

it doesnt sound like it has much going for it..bad paintwork,no charger,no SH, LHD, accident damage, no central locking,lardy ladry lah.....

obviously you need to find someone who wants a project car..an enthusiast....i hate to say it but it would be worth more if you sold it in bits...the engine has low mileage.

i dont mean to offend mate...but the answer to that on my opinion is....not alot really.. :(

it doesnt sound like it has much going for it..bad paintwork,no charger,no SH, LHD, accident damage, no central locking,lardy ladry lah.....

obviously you need to find someone who wants a project car..an enthusiast....i hate to say it but it would be worth more if you sold it in bits...the engine has low mileage.

i expected as much but are we looking at 100 quid, 500, 1000 or what?

its cosmetic damage to the wing and i am providing a replacement with the car as i have done a decent bit to it already, new CV joints, boots, ball joints etc so its all fine.... im welcome to any inspection, it sounds worse than it is really. it also has 2 new tyres.

the LHD models actually have better handling than the RHD ones as the engine is offset against the driver's weight so you get the prefect balance :wink:

i know what you mean though with the UK roads but this is a proper german origin car though and the age that it is they didnt do a RHD G60 in the UK anyway so all the others of the same age will be LHD as well!

Alex

As much as I hate to suggest it, you'd get more breaking it :(

i dont have the time or space mate, im moving house in 4 weeks and only have 1 parking space with no garage

sounds like you need a friendly local raddo breaker then :D

it greives me to say it but it does sound like a scrapper :(

yeah....id say it would be worth around that mark....but if he broke it he might get £800 ish (( engine ,pannels,interior etc. ))

Never understood the fact that LHD Rados are apparently worth less than RHD ones. OK, you guys all drive on the wrong side of the road :lol:

Surely a true Rado-enthusiast doesn't care where the steering wheel is? As we Rado drivers are surely better drivers than your average British citizen with their Rovers and other rubbish ;-)

The thing going for your Rado is the low mileage engine. However not having a G-Lader is its downfall IMHO, as one of those will set you back at least £300 for a 2nd hand one, if not £900 or so for a new one (and those are only via special contacts, a new Lader can cost anywhere up to £2500!!).

Tempest

Why not advertise it on Vortex? There maybe someone over there willing to ship a car to the US?

Don't kill another one!!

Why not advertise it on Vortex? There maybe someone over there willing to ship a car to the US?

Don't kill another one!!

i cant do that as it has already been to teh US and i wasnt able to keep it thre longer due to daft regulations that are similar to the new SVA.

all in all it would have needed about 5k pounds worth of work doing to it to make it legal there! this was for stupid things like a drivers airbag and additional re-enforcing behing the bumpers to take imacpts from the generally heavier vehicles over there (things that are not on most cars over there of its age and especially not he Corrado's).

what im going to do is get it out of the garage and take some pictures of the car to give a better idea of how its looking and then see what the general consensus is.

Alex

Never understood the fact that LHD Rados are apparently worth less than RHD ones.

Surely its coz there are more LHD Rados than RHD? Just because everyone else wants to drive on the wrong side... :lol: 8)

I'm sure it's worth a few hundred £ to someone. It'd be ideal for an engine swap...

Some pics of the thing are certainly going to help you shift it tho :)

hmm, actually what interior has it got?

its the standard dark cloth with green/navy cheque. the car doe have aircon that works fine and the boot spolier is fine too, comes up at 50kmh plus i forgot to mention its had a brand new clutch about 10km ago when i was in dubai

right then here are some pics that i have just done!

some better than others cos hte light was a bit funny round the house and then it got dark!

Image539.jpg

Image537.jpg

Image547.jpg

Image544.jpg

i just realised i forgot to do the engine bay :roll:

hope this helps

i told you it sounds worse than it is! :lol:

so what do you rekon then guys? cos the interior is pretty goot too isnt it. i forgot to say that when you lift those original Corrado floor mats the carpet looks like its never been stepped on, its immaculate.

Alex

better than i imagined then!

im gonna try and get some pics in better light today and i will post them up.

right, second question!

if i was to get it resprayed, sort the central locking with a full closure alarm and immob and whack an Eaton or G-lader on it then how much do you rekon it would be worth?

Alex

hi everyone,

here are some pics of it in a better light!

CorradoNewReg.jpg

CorradonewReg1.jpg

CorradoNewReg2.jpg

its not actually looking too shabby cos i gave it a wash too!