Sign in to follow this  
CorradoKid05

RSR outlet... how much does it really do????

Hey all,

Looking into the RSR outlet from Bahn Brenner for my old G60. ANyone have one? HOw much good do they do? Any sound difference too>> thankss

RIch

vdubs 4 life

My advice would be to save your money as regards the RSR outlet via BB, this item is very pretty but heavily priced and the same results can be achieved with oe parts. I use the optional VW G charger alloy outlet as for the engine specified with aircon part no. 191 145 755 cost £12.85 plus vat. To make this a finnished swap, to rid yourself of the black box muffler, i then use an adapter length of Samco hose to join with the i/c pipework. I port and polish the internals of this outlet to offer better airflow but in any case this is a good upgrade, and furthermore will make way for oil cooler pipework conversion.

Part Number 191 145 755 is the Golf Rallye Outlet (nothing to do with Aircon CORRADO's) (I've got Aircon) and i also run the BBM Outlet, which is very good quality, but over priced, and also expensive to get from bbm as they rip you off on the postage

Part Number 191 145 755 is the Golf Rallye Outlet (nothing to do with Aircon Cars) (I've got Aircon) and i also run the BBM Outlet, which is very good quality, but over priced, and also expensive to get from bbm as they rip you off on the postage.

nige these outlets come on the golf g60 with aircon not the corrados mate you know the ones which have the intercooler sitting in the enginebay next to the rad..

I have an RSR outlet on mine. There wont be much noticable difference in performance/noise and they are expensive. I ordered mine when I was buying a smaller pulley. The quality of both items is spot on!

The outlets also look good if the rest of your engine is detailed (polished/chromed).

Like many small mods such as the RSR outlet, I guess if you have done most of the other more obvious mods then this might just add an extra horsepower or two :D .

If you are going for the original part but want to port/polish it, is there any great secret to doing this, or can you port to your heart's content? -( know this sounds stupid) :?

If you are going for the original part but want to port/polish it, is there any great secret to doing this, or can you port to your heart's content? -( know this sounds stupid) :?

unless you have a well ported charger you will not benifit from porting this unit if you have a properly ported charger you will need to match port the outlet to the charger ...

which outlet do you have is it a early one 6 legs of a later one 3 legs . if early remove 3 legs and flow the others if a late one just flow the 3 legs so they look like a plane wing if you know what i mean...

AAAAHHHH I see, - this would tie in with what Liam was saying about matching his porting to the outlet to get really great flow. The guys at pitstop even said that on one corrado they did this with chip, pulley ( and must have uprated injectors), it was running close to 20psi!!!! :D

20 psi is possible as I am currently getting 1.2 bar boost which equates to about 18 psi :lol: . This has been achieved by porting and polishing the charger and using the RSR outlet. I have also got a giro valve (if that makes any difference) and am using standard injectors. I would get uprated injectors if I was to go and use a smaller diameter pulley than the 68mm currently on the car. Just want to make the charger last as its a daily driver and I do a fair few miles in it.

20 psi is possible as I am currently getting 1.2 bar boost which equates to about 18 psi :lol: . This has been achieved by porting and polishing the charger and using the RSR outlet. I have also got a giro valve (if that makes any difference) and am using standard injectors. I would get uprated injectors if I was to go and use a smaller diameter pulley than the 68mm currently on the car. Just want to make the charger last as its a daily driver and I do a fair few miles in it.

if you are running 18psi you need to upgrade you injectors very soon ! what chip are you running ? i would say there is a VERY good chance you engine is running lean at these sort of boost levels running std injectors

As far as im aware they are standard injectors! The chip has been mapped by AMD. This was quite a way back and have done at least 20,000 miles since.

I then went and got a charge cooler which provides excellent cooling and also a short route to the inlet manifold. It's a tidy setup and one that i'm pleased with.

Power is about 0.9 bar up to 5000rpm on full throttle then it shoots round to a max 1.2 bar up to the limiter (6500rpm ish).

SO WHATS THE CONCLUSION... RSR OUTLET WORTH IT? OR IS THERE A SUBSTITUTE?

tHANKS FOR ALL UR TIME

riCH

but your tag line says you drive a vr6 ?

the rsr style outlet is deftinatly worth it imho for all the reasons mentioned above....

If you are going to fit the Golf/Rallye G60 outlet as John said above you can still use the bolt from the silancer box and just renew the Gasket part number 030 145 119 which is common to parts!

hi guys i am thinking of getting this optional outlet i have the part no for outlet and gasket but would like to know if anyone knows part no for samco or similer adapter hose , and what is the total price for this upgrade compaired to rsr kit . cheers chaps

what chips will support 18+ psi? im thinking of getting the 58mm pulley, but i dont know of any chips that can handle it other than the bbm stage iv chip...

what chips will support 18+ psi? im thinking of getting the 58mm pulley, but i dont know of any chips that can handle it other than the bbm stage iv chip...

you need to be speaking to the guys a SNS on your side of the pond mate...

*(cough)* :wink: *(cough)*

i have both the rallye and RSR outlet. i bought the rallye but then realized that the inner diameter of it is only 3". this is fine if you have a stock or very mildly ported charger. if you have the outlet ported you will need the RSR outlet as its inner diameter is 3.22" which is wide enough to handle the porting.

now.. the rallye outlet hose/hardware tapers down to 2.25".. the setup i got from kompressor kanada uses a 2.25" piece of pipe to mate the outlet/hose with the rest of the intake system. BUT, the RSR outlet uses a piece of pipe that's inner diameter is only 2"!

so.. i've wasted way more money than i should have here, i bought both, used the RSR outlet, but the hose/pipe from the rallye outlet. this setup is then 3.22" inner diameter where it meets the charger and it tapers to 2.25", the same diameter as the rest of the intake system. very snug fit but it will work.

the two outlets are available for the same price over here so cost was not an issue. i'm going to return the rallye outlet and get most of the cash back, minus the $$$ for the hose/pipe that i nicked from that setup :lol:

maybe someone will make up an outlet that will have an even larger inner diameter!! now that would be the shit! :p :thumb right: