Sign in to follow this  
M.P.H.

8x17 RH AG CUP'S

Will these fit stright on a vr6 with a standard set up. does the ET have to be 35 and the tyres 205/40/17.

These are the wheels I've ordered - albeit 4 weeks ago :( . Think u find they come in 32 or 27mm ET(8 x 17). Before ordering i found out that the front caliper carrier might need slightly reducing (3mm) at a point! The rears should fit with minimal fuss. Think the wheels look great! Chrishill has these on his car - members gallery!

Mind if i ask where you ordered them from and how much? Also what make of tyres are with them and have you gone for ET32 front and back.

hi mate, mine are et32, as neil says the fronts need the caliper carriers grinding down to fit or you could fit some spacers like i tried, but i found they wobbled like mad. good choice though! :D ordered mine from style dynamix and paid just shy of a grand for them with cheapo tyres, there was a toyo option but i was over budget as it was ;)

Hi again mate, I actually ordered the wheels in ET32 for front and ET27 for the rear - but theres a slight risk that the rears will rub slightly due to them sticking out 5mm more than the fronts - i did this for look purposes only! Chrishill went for the ET32's which is probably the safest and more sensible option! Style Dynamix offered a good price but try DT Motorsport(Essex?) on 01708 630528 - you'll be pleasantly surprised at price with TOYO's :o :D . I played the both against each other :wink: :wink: :wink:

do the arches need trimming at all??

My RH Turborads are apparently in the post to my local wheel shop this week.... Hopefully I'll have them by the weekend!

Mine are single piece 5 spokes so will I need to trim the carriers back on my brakes??

edit: oh yeah, they will be wearing 205/40x17 tyres.. hoping that the won't foul the arches...

mine caught the arches with spacers on, but are fine without, i'd imagine the ET27 will catch at the front, not sure on the rears. as for the carriers, the only reason you have to grind them with the AG cups is because of the spokes, not sure on the turborads...

Neil, take it your getting 205 tyres. Spoke to style/d they suggested 215, when do you get them, would like to know how you get on with the smaller ET on the back. Will it affect the handling.

Thats right mate, 205's all around! Think the handling will be affected to a degree - but hey, its a road car , a daily driver - If i were entering competitions etc i'd have crappy looking 15's on it with standard ride height as VW intended etc etc. I'd rather pay more attention to the looks of the car knowing the handling is not going tobe tremendously affected. Think of the various people with C's that fit 9x16' ET15 to the rears of they're cars - yeh handling is affected but their cars look superb - if u like that sort of thing!

mine caught the arches with spacers on, but are fine without, i'd imagine the ET27 will catch at the front, not sure on the rears. as for the carriers, the only reason you have to grind them with the AG cups is because of the spokes, not sure on the turborads...

Well lets hope the t/rads have different spokes!! I could do with just picking up the wheels and sticking them on the car without having to do anything...... but nothing is ever that easy.

just for you, i went and took a couple of snaps. the lighter orange bit is where it was ground back, even taking about 4mm off leaves very very little clearance. you can see the problem in the first pic, if its not ground back the spokes WILL catch... ouch...

Yes indeed! Waz e-mailed Friday night, so me and G/friend travelled up to S/Dynamix (from Swansea!) and had them fitted on the Sat - didn't want hassle of fitting them myself (with the grinding etc). Waz sorted in an hour - they seem to know their stuff! Down side, it cost me approx £50 - £60 in fuel to do round trip - 370miles approx. Will post pics here soon!

Very nice mate... dare I be so bold as to suggest a modest drop to allow the rims to blend into the bodywork more seamlessly?

f'ing about is what makes it interesting! come on kev, you're the king of f'ing about with your car! ;) :lol:

LOL, aren't I just!

Hi there Kev, how the f**k is yours lower when u running same suspension? How can i get it lower without loosing the H&R's? :roll: