Sign in to follow this  
chaz g60

someone please help me with my g60

ive had my car a year now and its never driven right so ive changed the spark plugs, distibuter cap, leads, fiel filter, oil, oil filter, air filter, battery,

basicly tried everthing so now ive removed the charger to send to g-werks

thinking it'd be wrecked but its not it spins fine and inside is clean seals are in place so im lost now

basiclly its doesnt charge the car its slower than my mates old 8 valve!!!

and at about 5000 revs in second is the only place you feel the car really pull breifly till i change to third

its kind of jumpy off the mark but is ok on moterways

but it does start everyday and drives with no stalling ?????

im at my wits end with it i've had it for a year and have still never driven a g60 and im in spain so the mechanics havent got a clue

any ideas??????. :roll: :x :mad: :(

just to add to this...when you drive it there is no noise coming from the charger at all...and like he said...it was slower than my 8v when i drove it...its as if the charger isnt there...weird.

EDIT-- Could it perhaps be that a belt is too slack?

are the circular marks on it supposed to be there?...

I would like to know the answer to this one too... are they from the manufacturer or from something grinding them from inside the charger

they look like machining marks.....just not sure whats supposed to be there...im not familier with the inside of these things... :confused4:

Have you had the ignition timing set up?

The cam timing could even be out a tooth has that been checked out?

i had a similar prob where my car drove like a bag of poo, ended up being the timing being retarded, just getting the timing right gained almost 30bhp and over 30lb/ft now drives sooooo much better. get the timing checked is my advice

yeah i think ill get the timing checked

fingers crossed!

i checked the pipes cant see any obvious holes

it'd help if there was a good mechanic somwhere near where i live

cheers

as a warning, the timing procedure on these cars is odd, make sure the garage know what they are doing and have the right tools for the job

If theres no holes in any of the pipes is it a possibility that one of them is badly blocked then? im not convinced of it being timing as the car was running like a normal N/A 8v when i drove it (( a little slower maybe ))...surly if the timing was out it would drive like sh1te?... not just have a non working charger? :?

i still had an indicated 163bhp and 152lbft when my timing was out so it ran okish, just felt like i was driving into a head wind which i would have thought is how a low comp engine would run with out compressed induction (don't quote me on this though), and i'm thinking the jumpiness from a standstill is the thing flooding.

..tis a weird one alright. :?..its as if he has'nt found the " on" button for his lader or something. :?

i think its more than timing or the exhaust like corradowales said its like the chargers switched off the cars slow but it dosent stall and stats fine

can anyone see anything with the charger from the pics?

Even a chargr with 1/2 its apex strips will still make 1/2bar of boost. Like i said you either have a huge boost leak or you Timing is out, Have you actually checked the timing yet as if it a toth out it will still start fine etc but it will also be as flat as a 1200.cc

hmmmmm......

as if it a toth out it will still start fine etc but it will also be as flat as a 1200.cc
...could be the culprit then...i didnt realise the timing would effect the charger's running. :confused4: