Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

its running but well rough, i need help please!!!

right then first time i have had her out in the rain for ages. just diving normal everything felt ok, went to put the right foot down and when i did so not alot happened apart from flames and bangs coming from the exhaust. the car didnt go any faster just splutted like just loads of fuel was being pumped through but nothing else. if i didnt floor it, it was ok. could it be the lambda sensor. no other holes in the exhaust. its been over fueling a little bit for a while, nothing like this though. can anyone shade any light on this. could it be the jabba chip?

just been talking to g60griff,his cars now worse IS THEIR A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSEhe's read various threads about similar probs and drawn up quite a list of possibilities

should cheer him up abit(if thats the prob)i wonder why it started when it was rainning?but he took her out today and she's worse?

ive checked the vac pipes. lambda sensor, and changed the blue temp sensor. ive checked everything else. the car wont even start now. tried starting a few times, then it started to fire up a bit. when it did tick over was shoocking about 700rpm. when it doesnt start and i let off the key fuel vapour comes out of the little k and n filteron the isv. what i fitted when i did the boost return mod. got some bloke coming to have a look at it on friday. anyone got any other ideas.

Have you checked which nipple the vac hose from the ecu is connected to? It shoudl be at the back of the throttle body on the uppermost one (there are 2 very close together). Also check that this hose is properly connected to the ecu.

yeah checked them. checked at ecu. its new pipe aswell because jabba changed when i had the work. someone coming to have a look on friday hopefully.

check your MAIN ENGINE TIMING GEAR PULLEY, mine fried and it would start and idle about 500 but it was a chore to get it to start... because it sheared the locking key off... if it doesnt start at all, check your ECU internals, mine did the same thing back in the day, my mechanic said the fuel was shooting straight (no pulses) in so there was no way it would start. the internals of the ECU needed rebuilding because the resistors were fried. also check your CO pot, see if its broken or anything =-/...

right then, thanks for the posts. just had some guy out to have a look at it. he thought it was the jabba chip that wasnt working right, so we took the ecu out and took it apart to just try it with the standard chip to see if it would start, changed chips left the ecu open and plugged it back in. get in, it fired up straight away run smoothly. so i turned it off put the ecu back together with the standard chip put it back in and tried to start it again. did exactly what is was doing before so then we thought it was the ecu. we took it back out and apart again to see if it was a break in the circuit somewhere and that when it was opened it joined it up, tried to fire it up but as i did a little puff of smoke was seen from the ecu. so we think the ecu is shagged. anyone got any in full working order for sale please. pm me if you have. cheers

right then ive sourced another ecu, plugged it in and its exactly the same. havent got a clue now. its doing my head in the car has been off the road for over a month now can anyone help. please

Dude I would come and look at yours but you are a bit far away.

If you are saying it cleared up and all you did was change the ecu, there is only 2 things it can be, 1, the ecu and 2, the wiring loom to the ecu as these are they only things that you have disurbed!

so its pointing towards the loom, i think i need to check the ecu's on my friends g60, because am i right in saying if something has gone wrong with the loom and f**ked the ecu, when i plugged the replacement ecu in it did the same to that and thats why it still wont start with that ecu in. how do i go about checkin the loom?

You need to unplug the ECU then look at each sensor in turn and check the continuity of the signal wires and earths (some have there own and some earth back to the ECU)

Multimeter time...

right then, this is where we are upto. it now starts and runs spot on while cold, but as soon as its up to temp it just keeps putting the same amount of fuel through and so develops a miss fire. has anyone got any ideas. im so nearly there, its frustrating. im thinking a sensor of some sort. but i dont know.