Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

New parcel shelf + 6x9's...

Anybody know who does the best aftermarket parcel shelves for my VR6, with a view to fitting some good quality 6x9's speakers! While i'm at it, anyone suggest a top set of 6x9's and where can i get them from?

top 6x9 that i rate are the Infiniy's totally love em but is it not more worthwhile spending more on some components up front than 6x9's

As im a beginer with Corrado audio, which is the best way to upgrade the speaker set-up in the car without spending too much. Im a big Dynaudio fan with domestic hi-fi - I know they also do car audio - buy prob expensive? As previously stated, i should start with the door pocket speakers and dash tweeters? What about rear speakers? Do i really need to go for amps aswell?

it suprises me that a 20k+ car can of had such a poor audio system, its possibly the worst i've ever had in standard form

, anyhoo...

the only way to get a really decent set up in the front is to use audioscape door pods imo, i upgraded the oem speaker and the sound was still u/s , the speakers are just too small to produce any real bass or volume

i run focals in audioscapes through a genesis amp with a pioneer h/u and a sub in the boot (with some dynamat) sounds good 8)

audioscapes are excellent but not cheap , i got mine in a GB thanks to kev

pics in my photobucket and gallery - links below

i got custom door pods made for my C , ripped out the rear speakers as they were completly blown and re-run the wiring off them to the doors,involved taking up alot of carpet and seperating wires, put 17cm speakers in the doors then took the tweeters out my polo and used them (they do the job). amped up a set of 6x9's in my rear shelf afterwards then.all works pretty well and pleased with the sound.