Sign in to follow this  
Colley

How to sell a number plate??

Hi

I currently have a number plate on my c that came with the car and doesnt mean anything to me. Therefore i want to sell the plate and use the £ for something useful like suspension.

I have tried searching the net for how to sell your plate privatly but it just comes up with companies who buy them. The reason i want to sell it privatly is that i'm going to a BMW meet with my dad on sunday and i might be able to sell it there as the plate starts with M5.

If anyone could help me out or give me a useful link that would be great! Thanks boys and girls.

posting it on forums would work, obviously if its bmw related a bmw forum would be best! check on the dvla website and see how much plates containing 'm5' are going for, just so you dont under or over sell it. failing that, theres always ebay.

Bigtunes thank you thats exactly what i was after!

I need to get rid of that plate, every time i look at it i see a load of cash i cant spend :x

Childish posts looking to cause an argument by the usual suspects removed.. how many more times do we have to tell you? Grow up ffs.

The plate is M5 LEP perfect for some one with an M5 and someone with an M5 should have a few £ to spend on a number plate.

I've had various different quotes for the price they will give me from £450 up to £700. When looking on the sites selling the plate they have it listed for about £1000+ :o.

As i said though just want to get it sold really and get the money.