Sign in to follow this  
JT

anyone know about 206 diesels

might be looking at a 206 1.9 diesel o1 y plate on 82,000 full p/s/h just had service with belts etc can anyone tell me what i should be looking out for, i realise it's reasonably high milleage for year but it's a good price and close to me any help would be much appreciated.

Mate had one as a company car, also on a Y plate I think... nice enough car but had alot of proobs in the first year, aircon packed up twice, other electrical probs, tracking kept going out and interior rattles, after these were fixed tho I think it was ok for the next 2 and then he changed it for a Golf after the 3 years. He did also need new discs when the pads were done for the first time that I thought was bad but he did drive it very hard. Also Pug parts are a bit more expensive than VAG.

If it's the HDi, then look very hard at the service history. They are flaky.. The older 1.9 TDi engines, however, are bomb-proof...

Pug parts are peanuts compared to VAG! 206 bonnet? £125 brand new, primed, from the dealer! How much is a new Golf bonnet?

There may be a few exceptions, but in my experience french cars are cheaper to buy bits for than german ones.

nice cos it's the 1.9 it's not a car it's the van 206 they did so theres no air con or e/w windows etc so should be all good can't say i'm getting to excited but needs must.... cheers guys

Yes, my mates was an HDi

dr_mat, I was really meaning the parts your likely to buy, ie servicing parts which are generally twice the price of VW altho i'm sure there are some exceptions...

In my opinion having worked with peugeots/citroens i'd avoid them like the plague.

Early 206s were ok, but the later ones and 307 have alot of electrical gremlins, especially with the sagem instrument clusters and wiper stalks, so theres always things going wrong.

Try to get a newer one within warranty or get an extended warranty on an older vehicle.