Sign in to follow this  
delcfc

Bleeding brakes

Anyone know the correct sequence to bleed the brake system. Just replaced both rear calipers but the pedal still feels spongy.

Start from the caliper furthest away from the servo and work to the closest

which caliper is the furthest away then?

Nearside rear

wouldnt it of been best to say that in the begining JBOB?as with other makes of cars the caliper furthest away is the passenger side rear..and as RW1 pointed out,you DONT bleed the brakes with the ignition on(ABS ONLY MIND)

Dazzy - it wasn't a suggestion, it was a question ;) I have no idea what car he has.

Dazzy - it wasn't a suggestion, it was a question ;) I have no idea what car he has.

yeah i know mate :wink: ..i always thought you bleed the vr6 brakes with the ignition turned on untill RW1 pointed out that you dont

Nearside rear

wouldnt it of been best to say that in the begining JBOB?as with other makes of cars the caliper furthest away is the passenger side rear..and as RW1 pointed out,you DONT bleed the brakes with the ignition on(ABS ONLY MIND)

Not everybody on here has a C. My g/f's car's furthest is the opposite side. The first post I made was a general thing.

Sorry If i wasnt clear

I find getting someone else to do it is the best option. Preferrably someone that knows more about what they're doing than I do :lol:

i use a pressure bleeder from motive products. good kit. i always have issues with pressure after a bleed. somehow the brakes pressurise after a few days properly. i have found that sometimes i have to turn on the ignition and press the pedal for all the air to come out of the abs unit.

Having a similar problem myself at the moment on my early 16V (non ABS)after fitting mrk iv rears. If I pump the pedal without ignition I get pressure but on turnover the pedal sinks down with reduced pressure??

I’ve wasted almost 1L of fluid at this stage bleeding (on the ground level) and Im beginning to think it could be the pads im using on the rear?

I was looking at my pressure regulator also and it could do with replacing but surely this would have caused the soft pedal beforehand if it is broken?