Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

mequiars wax...

For the guys that are using it which finishing wax are you using...

personally im using the NXT stuff but... there seem to be so many...ie carnuba / gold class etc which is the best as im not totally happy with the RESULTS from the NXT stuff..

8) maybee its time to re-buy some swissol 8)

u need to seal the NXT with some pure canuba wax to get a better finish best thing to do is check out the meguiars forum tons of helpful stuff there

easi

Generally after using paint cleaner, scratchX and then polish I will do 2 coats of carnuba wax then a finishing coat of Gold Class...

I'm going to do 2 coats of Gold next time though then a coat of carnuba on top to see if there is any difference...

Although saying that, just using the carnuba on its own was good enough!

The Gold Clas wax is a bit of a pain to get off though.. It leaves greasey smears that have to be proper buffed off! Don't know if it would be so noticeable on a silver car, but it takes a little longer than the carnuba wax to get off a dark car.

I have been using the NXT spray on quick wax lately too and am really pleased with it. It doesnt bring the paint up quite like a full on Gold Class session but for a quicky before going to a meet or whatever it's spot on!

Last week I spent an hour doing my rear bumper with 7 applications of meguiars products!!! Looked like glass afterwards!

Daz, why is the NXT stuff not up to expectations mate?

I take it the paint has been clay bar'd?

Maybee im expecting to much Asim, its very good dont get me wrong but there is somthing just missing from when i used to swissol my old corrado/golf.

Everyone says how good the meq stuff is but they also say that you need multiple products for maintain the finish that can be achieved easilly with far fewer products from swissol etc.... Im just not sure at the moment wether the meq stuff is false economey on the wax...

I do feel the clay-bar / quick detailer and the other products are exallent though its just the final wax thats a slight concern.

Everyone says how good the meq stuff is but they also say that you need multiple products for maintain the finish

I'd be quite happy to just use the Carnuba wax after a polish, but apparently I have too much time and money to spend on my car cleaning it...

Fair point Daz, I've never used Swissol, what with me being a cheap skate :lol:

I've been very happy with NXT, goes on easily and brings up a good shine, all on my dark car.

Really should try this Swissol stuff I guess.

I'm using the Gold Class paint cleaner and polish followed by a coating of Swissol - seems to do the job nicely, certainly the paintwork is the smoothest I've ever known

I have been using the NXT spray on quick wax lately too and am really pleased with it. !

That stuff is awesome. Its not supposed to be used on its own. Its supposed to be a quick "touch up" for the wax thats already on the car.

Good to use before a show or a meet.

Been using the gold class range of waxes, It takes ages to clay bar the paint down, then paint cleaner, then polish and finally wax but its worth it in the end.

But its good stuff, never tried the NXT stuff yet

Later

Ian

Personally I think it's all in the mind. After you've spent hours scrubbing a car, you'd convince yourself any old wax looks good, and indeed when you get into the high percentage carnuba wax arena, you're hard pushed to spot the difference imo..... it's the longevity, ease of use and quick application/removal that counts in the upper price bracket.

Which is why I use Swissol because it suits my lazy arse down to the ground because it still beads after 18 months and it's Autoglym easy to apply/remove and doesn't leave any nasty cack behind.