Sign in to follow this  
goneinG60seconds

G60 vs CRX

I think what he was trying to convery Daz, in not the most articulate way, is that some people on this forum were assuming that because he is new to the CF, then he is also new to the CRX forum, how he came to that conclusion I do not know. :?

Most of what you said was wrong but that was the only mistake I thought I might aswell correct.

The EK9 has a B16B, there was never a B16C made, and the block is the same block as used in the Integra TypeR (1800cc) B18C5/6 but has longer rods so the displacement is only 1600cc.

how exactly is this being helpful? ok he corrected where i went wrong with the B16b/B18c5 but with his first sentence all he is being is pedantic in the fact he said that i have talked utter rubbish but then hasnt bothered to enlighten us and correct my mistakes! that helps no one! :roll:

Just to add to Carrots post. If the fact that being a newbie to a corrado forum means he is a newbie to the crx world, them i dunno what the world is coming to.

I too am a newbie, and for your information this thread was linked to,on CRX UK. Carrot and I may be newbies on this forum as we have never had a need to join, but we aint newbies to the crx world.

All carrot was trying to do was point out some mistakes, and help. But I guess you know all the answers. As for a B21 never heard of that either.

firstly, no one ever said he/you were new to the CRX world :roll:

secondly, if you truely knew your B-Series Engines then you would know what a B21 is along with a B20! the B20 and B21 were never seen as true B-Series Engines as they are the only 2 engines in the B-Series range that do not have interchangable heads with the rest of them :roll:

FYI the B20 was the engine found in the 97 - 01 CRV and the B20 and B21 were both found in the 88-91 Preludes :p

a quick search on google or a browse through the AEM website would have shown you this :wink:

Alex

Well sorry for my not so articulate post, for i am an engineer and not an english professor.

All I did was stated that i never heard of a B21, now you have enlightened me and please accept my thanks.

This is what you should have done, instead of getting all irate.

As for putting a vtec head on a CRV B20, doug kyle is selling his CR-Vtec'd crx atm.

As for your first post, i couldnt be bothered to go back and re-read it, probably wouldnt be as funny the second time around.

Carrot made a post earlier in the thread for the person that asked.

Hey cyclonium, no offence intended ok, I was just trying to tell daz what you were trying to say, in a clearer and more concise way, you don't have to be a professor to do that. G.C.S.E's will suffice.

woah there guys, no neeeeeeeeeed. this is just a friendly debate about a race, and for you crx guys there are a few posts on here for the crx, no matter how wrong the info may be, so be pleased we aren't ignorant to other cars, and to all: don't forget this is all in text and tone of voice isn't readable, so take it all in good faith and help people learn some stuff nicely :D (excuse me while i clean my halo lol)

As for putting a vtec head on a CRV B20, doug kyle is selling his CR-Vtec'd crx atm.

As for your first post, i couldnt be bothered to go back and re-read it, probably wouldnt be as funny the second time around.

Carrot made a post earlier in the thread for the person that asked.

what i said is that you couldnt put another B-Series Head onto the CRV block as in you cant put a B18c5/B16 head etc..... onto a B20/21 main block (feel free to correct me if im wrong BUT without using sarcasm!)

if Doug has managed it then good on Doug cos he must have had his work cut out with doing it? would be a bit of a torque monster too though if he has done that! 8)

otherwise has he put a K24 into it?

if your going to use comments such as:

'As for your first post, i couldnt be bothered to go back and re-read it, probably wouldnt be as funny the second time around'

then all your here to do is wind people up rather than offer constructive and useful advice as well as guide others 'politely' if they have made a mistake! :roll:

if you look back to page one (if you can manage the effort) from reading the thread carrot posted he was not answering someone elses question! he directed his post at what 'I' said in an arrogant as well as argument provking way by giving my post a direct quote, saying it was all total crap and then not bothering to enlighten anyone an other way!!! :roll:

i re-posted explaining my mistakes with a much clearer and more comprehensive breakdown of what i was originally trying to say.........

if you dont like our comments go back to the CRX forum where you belong and close the door on your way out! :roll:

Alex

Another one from the crx forum here.

Doug kyle's crx has a B20 crv with a B16 head on it, all the B series heads should fit all other B series blocks...apart from the prelude ones which you've covered already.

I'd have to put my money on the crx winning...but it'll probably be a close one!

LHD-G60 how come you are selling you CTR?

Greets to all :)

I was alerted to this post by my good friend Campbell (username Randal) who thought I might like to contribute, and I after reading though it I think most info has been covered already so I'm not going to add to the fire......and it looks like the handbags are coming out too :roll:

Anyway, in an effort to avoid a full scale forum war (leave that sort of thing to the bickering Paxo & Corsa muppets) I think we should do what samm_cvr6 suggested and have a friendly Forum vs Forum Santa-pod or track day :thumb right:

As for the C G60 vs CRX VT race debate, I can't honestly say which'll win as I haven't driven/been in a G60. But based on the power to weight ratio I would say the Rex......but I have to say that :wink:

Another one from the crx forum here.

Doug kyle's crx has a B20 crv with a B16 head on it, all the B series heads should fit all other B series blocks...apart from the prelude ones which you've covered already.

I'd have to put my money on the crx winning...but it'll probably be a close one!

LHD-G60 how come you are selling you CTR?

sounds good, what sort of bhp and torque figures are we looking at? just done a bit of reading on the conversion and have read you can get into the 200+ Whp range :shock:

what about the torque increase as im sure thats the main purpose of it?

im selling the CTR as i need to cut some costs as i have just bought my 1st house, i have a personal loan to fund the CTR whereas i dont with the G60 ;)

are you interested in it then? cos i have it advertised on the CTR forum with some great pics!

Alex

I'll have to admit that about re-reading was just to get a reaction :-P

I really only want people to learn stuff, but do forget that they cant see the cheeky grin when I post comments such as above

As for a k24 swap, those words are very close to my plans atm.

As for going back to the first page to re-read carrots post, not a chance :-P :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Im Irish for gods sake, everyones supposed to love me

Hey guys, it's all banter, no prob with that, no personal or nasty comments were flying around. It's all love! LOL, Hippy style!

lmao! no probs cyclonium you will have to take my word for it ;) :lol:

K24 sounds like a mad option for the rex mate! good luck with it! 8)

samm...... i never knew you were into the hippy love stuff :lol: :lol:

you'll be part exin the Corrado for a Veedub Camper next ;) :lol:

Alex

Ha!

Glad thats all sorted then..

I wasn't being funny in my first post but I was at work and in abit of a rush, so I didn't have time to start going through all the different models and engines, like its taken 5 pages to do here :lol:

Lets see how the race turns out eh :p :twisted:

and Hi, newbie here :cheers:

:wink:

cool, maybe see if we can get a few of those ctr and tegra boys involved, then see what the fords forum are saying, sod it, invite everyone and see where we are then?? 8)

Just been sent this link - Surprised to see so many people going for the CRX :)

Got to say this one would definately been down to the driver - Both cars have got areas where they beat the other so would be a good race to see :D

If you can't tell already I'm a CRX owner - My ones got a bit of a twist tho :twisted:

Well we like to think we're not like a lot of other forums that just blindly feel that their cars can annhilate anything on the road.. we're open minded and do like cars from other brands! ;)

Welcome aboard all the same though :)

Hey dan.. i remember you from the CRX board!! you still driving them! Have to say i was thinking of going back to one at one point but there just too old now for my liking... still a great car though!

Yep still got it - Just waiting to get the cash together for T3 Hybrid, 3" Staright through and some uprated driveshafts and get to about 450 ish bhp then I'll start on another toy :lol:

I'd be up for this RWYB thing - I don't give a monkies win / lose or draw, just go for the laugh / jokes and social side :lol:

Just look out for a 6' tall bald headed idiot screaming about the advantages of redbull & flying saucers 1st thing in the morning, that'll be me :lol:

so whens the race - read through all 5 pages and came to a total anticlimax when i expected to find a result on page 5 here???!!!

PS - i've never seen the rear of any rex - only know what the front looks like as viewed in my rear view mirror :) :salute:

I usually concentrate on the road :lol: - But seriously though whenether someone wants to organise it I'll go, preferably pod as I live down south :lol: - It's always nice to have a bit of friendly rivalry going on, bit of banter bit of a laugh :D

I've not been beaten by alot - If I do ho hum, better driver / car or both :D

It's usually down to the surprise factor, other driver thinks "I've done one of these before" :lol: Doh! - Never under-estimate anything :wink:

Greets to all :)

I was alerted to this post by my good friend Campbell (username Randal) who thought I might like to contribute, and I after reading though it I think most info has been covered already so I'm not going to add to the fire......and it looks like the handbags are coming out too :roll:

Anyway, in an effort to avoid a full scale forum war (leave that sort of thing to the bickering Paxo & Corsa muppets) I think we should do what samm_cvr6 suggested and have a friendly Forum vs Forum Santa-pod or track day :thumb right:

As for the C G60 vs CRX VT race debate, I can't honestly say which'll win as I haven't driven/been in a G60. But based on the power to weight ratio I would say the Rex......but I have to say that :wink:

Bout time I got a post on here, seeing as I sent you the linkie! In agreement, and inter-forum friendly at Pod would be a good day out and hopefully go some way to getting an understanding on each car's abilities.

Plus a bloody good laugh, and there's nothing like a little friendly competition. :D

(and no, I'm not running mine against yours!)