Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the rarest car you've ever seen?

Not too sure what Ferrari it was but looked like a 70's Le Mans car parked outside RSVP in Guildford about a month back. Both myself and Biggerbigben drove past it. I nearly crashed! I think it was a 512M but not 100% sure.

There have been some nice cars in Guildford recently: -

F40 with a very loud dump valve in red

Purple Diablo and an orange one

F355 F1 Spider - race spec

Aston Martin Vantage, The Big One! sounds like a plane BIG CAT number plate lol

an original, un-modified, unmolested nova.

Speaking of nova's I saw a white convertible nova saloon driving out of town on friday, had to check my rear view as I went past to make sure I wasn't hallucinating! But no, there it was a nova ...... convertible :pukeright: didn't even know they existed, or WHY they existed? And the driver had the top down as if they were proud of their rusty old rag top (even had black plastic bumpers)!

Jeremy's Corrado Campaign.. they only ever made 6 of em, and theres now only about 4 left.

Yeah, so it might just be a Corrado compared to the likes of Astons, etc.. but unique (for the Corrado) paintwork and that mental interior.. worth a mention I feel.

Beat me to it ;)

The Alfa RZ, I NEARLY bought one of these back in about 97, when I was looking at Chris de Bono's Campaign then... both about the same price (£17k)... I know which is worth more now :(

My old mans Daimler is pretty rare.. its a Daimler V8 250 which wouldn't be anything too rare normally as there are a few around, but he's got it with factory fitted manual gearbox which (as I understand it) was very uncommon.. apparently down to single figures of those left in the world.

Currently into its 13th year of restoration.. he's been doing it since I started secondary school in 1992!!

Picture of the motor to give people an idea - except his is in a nice kind of light metallic blue:

gr_daim250.jpg

A friends brother has got an Alfa RZ only seen the coupe version not a convertible before

Now THAT is a damn mean lookin mofo :D

I've seen;

Lancia Delta Integrale *drool*

Lamborghini Diablo SV

Ferrari 512 (I think)

A few Gallardo's now

I saw a Mercedes Maybach while on a weekend trip to london lst summer. Not sure how rare they are, but went up for a look anyway and to take a photo after which I was told me to fuck-off by some security guard!!!

Ultima GTR.

Someone that used to do work for the comapny I work for built himself one which was apparantly in the top ten fastest GTR's in the country when completed. He bought it up for me to see one day and took me out for a spin. Unfortunately it wasn't fuelling properly at the time, so he couldn't floor it, or take it above 4,500rmp - even so it was the fastest thing I've ever been in on four wheels!!! The acelleration was mind blowing. He's sold it now, so there's no chance of me experiencing the full effect. :(

Harder getting in and out of that than an Elise!!

I never found an Elise hard to get in or out of - and I'm tall!!!

There's a few Ultima's around the Thames Valley - fairly common around here.

Although I did see a parked Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren t'other day - they're just bad arse. The side pipes n'all.

One of dads mates used to have one of those beemer M1's but i was too young to know about motors so i cant remember what it was like

also a kid in my class at schools mum had a 1/4 of a million quid bentley convertable and used to drive it down the village, scrape the wheels and dump it anywhere, couldnt care less about it!!

I'm on a winner here I think... 8)

Shelby AC Cobra Coupe... Only 6 EVER built... and I've sat in one of 'em... 8)

It was at a service station last year down south with a GT40 (which was getting all the attention) and the owner seemed quite impressed when I went straight to his, ignoring the GT40... 8)

Not as pretty as the original Cobra, but a bloody impressive car none the less... 8)

Oh, and my dad's ex-boss had an old Bently supercharged thingy like that brettloveday, wonderful car, utterly scarey when you compare the brakes and tyre sizes/widths with the power/size of the thing though! :crazyeyes: :lol: 8)

*edit* sh!t, I just found out that the Cobra Coupe is worth upto $6.5 million US! :crazyeyes: This guy was driving it on the road in the UK!!! :shock: It WAS an original too, 'cos it was the one of the ones I saw at Goodwood last year too...

MG Rover had a 45 Tourer built (same shell as old Civic Aerodeck) that was totally unique, looked pretty smart in black and ended up being used as a Longbridge runaround.

Also unique was the TVR Tasmin 280i Turbo coupe - last saw that a few years back now

not alot really, live in the same town were aston martins are built, so see some nice ones almost everyday!

There's a CityRover that I see around town every now and then. Can't be many of them about? :lol:

Well, it seems that the Campaign and AC Cobra Coupe (never seen one!) are both in joint first place so far, with a production of 6.

I know of a few cars that were produced in lower numbers, but are they still on the road?

what was one of them yellow corrados called where it had a national flag on them..i think one was yellow and had a custom wideness on it..italia or something

There's a Ferrari 250 GTO that lives somewhere near me that I often pass, these cars are worth £1-£3 million. One sold in Japan for $10m!

i sat in an elise, hehe that was fun, it was very hard seats and I honked the horn in the showroom... they didnt like me very much after that aside from the fact that Im a "little punk 19 year old"...

Saw a GT40 on the A3 today, in the blue/orange. Damn that thing looked fine. Shot past me, didn't see if it was the new or old one. Mind you, either has got to be fairly rare...