Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

Pagid pads.

Hi all, I'm buying some brake pads from g.s.f. next week..i know a lot of you like the pagid fr pads but what are the standard pagids like ? any good ? Cheers chris.

well i fitted new zimmerman discs with the pagid fr pads, about 250 miles ago, they havent bedded in properly yet, but they feel miles better than the vw ones that were on before, :D

well i fitted new zimmerman discs with the pagid fr pads, about 250 miles ago, they havent bedded in properly yet, but they feel miles better than the vw ones that were on before, :D

Ive done the same last week but it was the rears :lol:

Havent bedded in as yet but also feel much better, And they were cheap 8)

I got mine from ++GSF++ I didn’t realise these were Zimmerman disks til I picked them up. I just went for the Best quality ones 8)

i payed £140 all in for the zimmerman/pagids, they are the 288mm brakes so dont now if 280s are cheaper? but i doubt it :D

I've got Pagid fast road pads on my vr and am very happy with them, they have a lot of bite.

I've got Pagid fast road pads on my vr and am very happy with them, they have a lot of bite.

Are you on the standard sized discs? Or bigger ones? Either my pads still havent bedded in yet or I'm just not happy with the setup. I've done roughly about 250miles I think, and they're not confidence inspiring yet.

they are the 288mm brakes so dont now if 280s are cheaper? but i doubt it

Yep, the 288 setup pads are alot begger then the 280's so cost over £50 rather than £30 for the standard ones...

JBOB, just looking at your car mate, what front spiler and wing mirrors have you got? Look good ;)

PM sent to keep this on topic 8)

Are you on the standard sized discs? Or bigger ones? Either my pads still havent bedded in yet or I'm just not happy with the setup. I've done roughly about 250miles I think, and they're not confidence inspiring yet.

Standard discs, 280s, for 80% of driving they're really good, I have to admit the really high speed stuff is not 100% what I'd hoped. I haven't got new discs or pads on the back yet and hoping that changing them combined with a fluid change/bleed will finish the job right off. Mine did take a fair while to bed in, have you fitted new discs?

Standard discs, 280s, for 80% of driving they're really good, I have to admit the really high speed stuff is not 100% what I'd hoped. I haven't got new discs or pads on the back yet and hoping that changing them combined with a fluid change/bleed will finish the job right off. Mine did take a fair while to bed in, have you fitted new discs?

No, standard discs for me too, I only changed the front pads and changed the brake fluid. Hopefully they will start to bite nicely not too long from now.

I fitted new discs, VW ones with mine, I was just thinking that your pads will take even longer to bed in if they are mating with a used disc.

I think today they are finally starting to bite, hopefully they will get better but they already are better than what they were.

But yeh, you're probably right about them taking longer.