Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Extending locking pulse - factory-fit Scorpion alarm

As the title says, basically - the 'rat has what I believe to be a factory-fit or dealer-fit Scorpion alarm (fitted with Scotchloks, grr.... Have to sort that out one day, damn cowboys), and I was hoping to extend the locking pulse to give it total closure ability. Anyone know if this is possible, or should I just get it ripped out and an Autowatch fitted? There's nothing wrong with the alarm, per se, just be nice to have something a bit better like a CAT1...

Couldn't say as you don't mention which one is fitted, but probably wouldn't know anyway unless it's the one I've got fitted LOL.

Try calling them, they are very helpful. 01257249928

Hmmm, I've tried looking for a model number on the alarm sounder itself but can't seem to find anything meaningful... Might have to hunt under the dash for the control module, but it's like spaghetti junction under there at the mo! :lol:

Is that the number for Electrosystems? I have their technician's email address, so might have to pop him an email...

You don't want to extend the lock-pulse though.

Lock pulse should only goto a max. of 3 secs, else you'll start burning motors and pumps out.

You need to have an auxillary control on the alarm, which will provide power to the full closure system to let it close. Depending on alarm it'll either:

a) be a button you press first, then set alarm when done

b) one button does it all if you're lucky

c) can't do it, rip it out ;)

Cliffords, for example, are b), but mine shorted one of the control ports out, so I'm now a) ;)

Andi, all I do when hooking up to VWs is extend the pulse. Once the doors are locked the vacuum in the system shuts off the pump. They don't run for extended periods unless there is a leak.

40 seconds is the limit on the alarm. When fitting them to something like a MK2 where you need to fit a 2 wire motor in the drivers door. They don't like being held on for 40 seconds and tend to burn out.

On those though as there is no comfort closure anyway, you need to use a window closer module..

Gavin

gradeA if you want another alarm PM me. :wink: :wink: :wink: