Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

The stealers are still shocking me.

i need an ecu for my 91 g60 so out of interest i rang the dealers up today for a price, after a while they found the correct one and thats when he broke it to me. £731!!!! if i was really going to buy it i would have to wait at least 2 weeks. i told him to leave it with me and hung up the phone and just laughed. anyone else got a good quote from the stealers?

Great quote from a local VW dealer - "Why don't you buy a proper car and stop running around in that old thing"

Great quote from a local VW dealer - "Why don't you buy a proper car and stop running around in that old thing"

lol.. unbelievable.

How about "Because your new cars are faceless, overpriced pieces of repmobile shite.. and i'd take my 'old thing' over your current stuff any day of the week" ;)

another one i had a bit back was for the covers in the rain gutters, if i remember it was nearly £120 a side. so i told them i would leave that aswell. it would probably be just as cheap to have them smoothed.

I remeber being told that a new set of Estoril wheels were something like £300 a corner without tyres.. and that they had one set left at HQ which they could get over for me next day. After I picked myself up off the floor, I told them i'd do without at that price!

when the wee plastoc cover was broken on my olf Mk3 VR6 I looked on ebay for a "bargain"... found someone selling a number of them for £4.50 + £1 postage each... phoned the dealer out of curiosity before I bought it and they were actually about £2 from the dealer and they had them in stock too.... sack ebay for a "bargain"!

so that's 1 to the dealer! :D

Lots of dealer parts that are cheap go on ebay for silly amounts.

Parcel shelves straps for one!

Be savy ;)

saysomestuff, can't blame them - its a *&^*er of a job!