Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

so thats what a VR6 corrado sounds like

Heh heh Chris - it sounds like mine and all I have is a Swiss-cheesed airbox.

Anyone having flashbacks to Travelling Without Moving by Jamiroquai when they heard that? :lol:

So what is the best combo? I am running as standard as it comes, the only time you really hear the grin factor 10 sound is when pushing her, i do love that sound, that was what sold me on the car amongst a number of other things - too long to list :)

So does the miltek improve the audio as well as performance, i once heard someway say that it quietens it down more then anything?

Call me a poser, but i am all up for hearing as much of that 6 pack as possible!

I've got a Magnex on mine and it's quieter than my last C that had a standard (if old) exhaust, but it does give a nice growl when I give it some.

If you just want more noise, you can drill holes in your airbox, get a K&N induction kit or a BMC CDA in increasing price order.

The choice is yours, but don't expect them to do diddly to the performance :)

A nice exhaust makes you smile too as long as it's not loud and harsh but gives a scream as the revs rise!

My supercharger kind of quietens down the induction roar but is replaced by a totally different sound including a charger whistle!

Chris

A nice exhaust makes you smile too as long as it's not loud and harsh but gives a scream as the revs rise!

My supercharger kind of quietens down the induction roar but is replaced by a totally different sound including a charger whistle!

Chris

You need to record that for us, I demand that you do! :D

Drill holes would do it :) It worked on my first car (a 1.1 metro gained the sound of a tank)

Surely there must be some improvement - unless the standard vw exhaust is as good as it gets

A Lower air resistance, lless back pressure etc.

The STD one is fine untill you start producing more exhaust gasses from a modded engine then the extra CFM(cubic feet per minute) of gasses struggle to exit efficiently through the STD exhaust.

Plus the sound is beefier with a good performance zorst!

I'll record it on my phone some time if i don't get banned at court tomorrow!

Who wants to but a VR? Hope it doesn't come to that like

Chris

I just pit a couple of recordings of my supercharged vr in my gallery, link in my sig. You can hear a supercharged vr with a loud exhaust pop and bang then the huge release valve, it starts to distort the mic. :twisted:

from what i head the k&n kit can actually can cause power losses (10bhp or more according to some sites!) but i reckon combining it with some cold air ducting through the hole where the carbon canister was, and a decent heat shield should see me actually getting some gains. on the plus side i've noticed my mpg is better with the k&n on, getting 17mpg on the 1 mile trip to work rather than the 11mpg i was getting before.

thats a lie! HUGE LIE there are quite a few in cali, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ONLY!!!! people down there can afford to maintain them... there are more corrado's ON THE EAST COAST than there are on the west coast... =-) clarification was needed. try and buy a corrado in california, good luck with that, try and buy a corrado in new york or jersey, they are a dime a dozen...

I loved mine when i bought it, loved it even more when i CDA's it (didnt like the K&N), liked it even more with the milteck and now having passed my mot ive ditched the cat. Fecking ubber noise! Starting to wonder if its too much already though, as mentioned above it looses some of the sweetness when you go too loud, but the cat bypass has made a big big difference to my responce and power.

Some people say not but im not imagining it, it really has picked it up a lot.

wondering if a G60 smells that bad with its cat removed, I just put a new one in and dont want to waste it when it comes to smog test in the next 2 years...

Deutschland über alles". The word-for-word translation of this line is "Germany above all", and should be understood to mean "I love Germany most".

as in the dead kennedy's - california uber alles