Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

VR6 Storm [238,500 miles and counting 13/02/07]

I made use of some spare disused runway area at Heyford Park and here's a short video - lovely sound from that VR6 engine - first time ive been able to get an idea of how it sounds outside the car:

I left a bit of comical commentary by my 16 year old brother.

http://www.arif50.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... oTrack.wmv

Note - i dont thrash the car normally but you dont get all that free space to drive often esp with a mate ready with a video camera!

:cool: nice shots, maybe one for the banner?

Got the fog light/milk carton sorted yet?:-P

:D yep my dad got the local VW to do it outside of working hours, so no VAT but still a top finish. Expensive tho!! a few hundred even though we supplied the body panels.

BTW I'm talking about the 16V (£900 titled topic in gallery) which got driven in2 a metal fence and we used a milk carton as an indicator lens :) but sadly didnt get through the MOT like that :( :lol:

Which one u think should be put forward for banner? those pics have been downsized a fair bit so it could happen.

Gone over the 235,000 mark now!

Car is starting to have issues - got a coolent leak that is hard to pinpoint - worst case could be the head gasket - but still car is running well enough to try and keep up with the Porsche Carerra S - up to 140mph.

Also im now getting a slight hesitation at 2000rpm - hoping a full service will help sort that out!

But car is still running very well apart from those things - everything is still working on the car - even the tilt and slide sunroof!

Also - just completing my first year of ownership as i bought the car in late August last year. What a great year its been - the car is a dream to drive.

here's to many more years

ive had mine now for 5years and still remember the first day feeling as if it were yesterday

Quick note to say the car is running smooth now - there's still a water leak somewhere that needs sorting, but all running problems are fixed. The MAF makes a huge difference - spraying the MAF connectors with connector cleaner, cleaning the MAF, and also cleaning the air filter has made a world of difference.

Over the past few months ive had some really bad noises from the front suspension and then i had an awful bearing noise too which got louder very quickly - i had to take the car in...

It had:

New wishbone
    Adjusted Rear Bearing [whatever that means!]
    Replaced front bearing
    4 new Toyo Proxes T1-S 215x45x17

£310 for the suspension / bearing work and £400 for the new tyres all round.

Now its driving very sweetly! Somehow the active spoiler - which was playing up - has also resurrected - no idea how but it did occur at the time of the heavy snow we've had...

238,500 and driving absolutely beautifully now that its had a bit of TLC and an oil change / oil filter replaced etc.

Here's a great photo taken by ibsyj of the form - my little brother - of the cars in the snow.

Car looks very good considering the miles, i thought my valver was getting high @ only 177000! :lol:

Got some great pics there!! 8)