Sign in to follow this  
paddyg

Can anyone explain why...

My early C has a footrest on the right hand side of the pedals?

I never use it and I always seem to think that it would be much better it if was on the left hand side so I could rest my foot when not clutching?

You never need to rest your right foot as you are always going to be using the accelerator bar i suppose sitting in traffic but its not like you need to rest your right foot anyway!

So why have a footrest on the rhs instead of the lhs?

there is a little one on the left hand side too but my feet are too big to fit past the clutch and the body

Because it covers up the bundle of wires that go into the back of the fusebox quite nicely and it's also a nifty place for puttin a crossover if you have components up front :lol:

I have a feeling some Corrados did have cruise control, but maybe not in this country. Don't the parts appear on eBay from time to time?

Thats strange paddy, do you have a pic of the carpet?

it is only a plastic footrest screwed in so it may have just neem taken out

i actually need a new footrest / wire cover for the right hand side as its all smashed up and broken. anyone know how and where i can get one? Mines black.

I think cruise control was only offered to the American market (lets face it you can't really use it in the UK) I can see the point in having the right rest if with CC and tbh find it quite a good place to rest my foot when stationary... I thought all C's had a left rest too - mine does and you can't get your foot to it when wearing skate shoes :roll:

Cruise was a standard feature on US G60's IIRC?

I know Tempests G60 has it.. I plan to try it out whilst on the Autobahns :)

Cant take a pic at the moment as The C is in the garage getting head work done. valve guides, seals, gasket belt etc etc... I'll take a pic when I get it back.

Jim, cruise control set to warp speed?!?

lol.. well, I don't think Eric would take too kindly to me ragging his car to death on the autobahn.. but it would be amusing to just casually flick it on at 140MPH ;)

Well funny enough I acually DO have a footrest on the lhs. Dont think i ever noticed it before! D'oh! Its a tight squeeze alright to get my foot to it but im using it all the time now!

Mods you can lock this thread away forever! or keep it open if you want. I dont see much point though!