Sign in to follow this  
NjA666

Possible Re-Spray.................Advice needed........

My VR6 is in need of some paintwork doing. Nothing overly major, chip on the back drivers side wheelarch, sills and a bit just above the windscreen.........just not sure how this wil blend in with the original paintwork

I was thinking about a possible full respray, but have no experience of these at all. Can anyone advise on costs etc and maybe point me in the right direction for a trusted sprayer in the Skipton area.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

No idea on a recommended sprayer I'm afraid, but a full re-spray is going to set you back around £1,500 at the very least...

NO idea on a sprayer in the area but you can spend shite loads on getting it sprayed. The sprayers i have been to usually say that it is going to be about £100 per pannel or around £1000-£1500 so dig deep and dust of you wallet. DONT get a friend of a freind to do it, spend good money on a good job, it will last longer and look better.

With the rust around the windscreen they will have to take the screen out to cure it properly it may be worth you getting a new one ready for when they break it! :evil:

I am sending my Storm for a full respray, the old paint will be taken back, doors off, glass out etc. It will be about £2000 plus any bits I want renewing like the sunroof seal.

If you have the odd bit of paint done you will need to get a very good sprayer to stand a chance of matching the paint..even then it will be hard.

Oh yeah, I have been told I'll no doubt need a new screen too :-)

I totally gutted my corrado,took out every bit of glass,every single body panel and drove the car with just the front seat,engine,gearbox to the body work place behind my werehouse were they sprayed the roof,1 wing,rear quaters,eliminated badges,repaired a damaged pass.sill,end job was A1,all cost me 850euro and they gave me half a tin of paint aswell.

NjA666, Contact Dubwhizz over on http://www.Dubforce.net about the sprayer... he's in Skipton and has just had one NICE job done on his Oettinger Golf G60 for a very reasonable cost... The guy's just set up on his own and is looking to get his name known and get some cash coming in... 8)

Price wise, I've just paid £1300 for the bodywork on H-YYU to be sorted and fresh paint and laquer laying on... It's not the best job in the world, but this is a car I'm throwing 300+ miles a week at, so I don't see the point in spending much more on my daily driver at the moment... It still looks 1000% better than it did before though! 8)

i've got the same dilema as you NjA666.

thing is, i dont want to rush it and get someone doing a bodge job. At the same time, the more i look at it, the more i see bits all over that make me think a full job will be better than lots of patching and blending type work.

Theres a guy in Leicester that is supposedly quite good, and does lots of this type of work. Gonna go see him and show him the car and see what his feedback is.

NjA666, Contact Dubwhizz over on http://www.Dubforce.net about the sprayer... he's in Skipton and has just had one NICE job done on his Oettinger Golf G60 for a very reasonable cost... The guy's just set up on his own and is looking to get his name known and get some cash coming in... 8)

Price wise, I've just paid £1300 for the bodywork on H-YYU to be sorted and fresh paint and laquer laying on... It's not the best job in the world, but this is a car I'm throwing 300+ miles a week at, so I don't see the point in spending much more on my daily driver at the moment... It still looks 1000% better than it did before though! 8)

Thanks for the info. Henny :)

I have someone looking at the car next week and will contact Dubwhizz over the weekend. Can't hurt to get a few prices and opinions.

Will let ya know how I get on and post some before and after pics of whatever I end up getting done.

Thanks again.

NjA666

i've got the same dilema as you NjA666.

thing is, i dont want to rush it and get someone doing a bodge job. At the same time, the more i look at it, the more i see bits all over that make me think a full job will be better than lots of patching and blending type work.

Theres a guy in Leicester that is supposedly quite good, and does lots of this type of work. Gonna go see him and show him the car and see what his feedback is.

It sure is a b1tch trying to work out what to do for the best. Who to trust, how much £££ blah blah blah.

Think I'm getting there now and at least have a short list to work from. Will let ya know how things pan out.

Good look with yours.

NjA666

With the rust around the windscreen they will have to take the screen out to cure it properly it may be worth you getting a new one ready for when they break it! :evil:

Thanks for this advice, had the same advice from the few 'sprayers' I have talked to.

I suppose the timing is perfect as **** knows how, but I now have a fairly major crack on the top passenger side of the screen, so new one needed anyway............least the insurance will cover that bit! :twisted:

NjA666

Well she's in for a respray today and although the guy doing the job has done some amazing work over the past 25yrs I'm still feeling somewhat nervous about it...........

Also just read to the recent posts re windscreen replacement nightmares :( Autowindscreens are doing the job and already they have had problems....They ordered a new screen over the weekend and when it turned up at their depot, it was smashed! - I agreed with the fitter that they would remove the old screen this morning and replace it at the weekend when the paintwork was complete, they thought they were removing and replacing today!!! - Communication is obviously sh1te.

Anyway, will post some pics etc when the job is complete.

NjA