Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

AVO Adjustable Shocks

I got my VR6 with adjustable shock absorbers and they are set too stiff, i've softened the front shocks with a tool they came with - but after some advice on adjusting the rear.

The previous owner was not sure, but pointed out a small screw at the base of the shock that he thought was the one to adjust the shock - but the front ones are adjusted at the top - so id expect the back may be that way too? I think to get to the top of the back shocks you need to remove a body panel - is this right?

If its normal for the back shocks to be adjusted at the bottom of the shock then the bolt i was shown must be the right one - any pointers appreciated - i need to soften them to avoid rear passengers putting in injury claims against me ;)

if they do adjust from the top you need to remove the trim either side of the parcel shelf, the bits that hold the rear speakers. its a bit of a chew on to take them out, but that'll allow access to the top of the strut.

there is a little screw at the bottom of the shocks,they will usually have a + or -,but i would give them a good soak in plus gas as they do tend to seize up a bit