Sign in to follow this  
corradoman24

'rado project

Hello people,

it is a very good day as i have just bought my vr6 today!!! what an awsome car...

The car has covered 135k with full v.a.g history... has anyone experienced problems at this mileage?? what should i be looking out for??

Also i want to put an induction kit on a.s.a.p but not sure which is the best for a vr6 (k reg)... any ideas cheers..... Drew

have a look through the history for timing chains having been done,thats one of the main worries at that mileage....so what colour is it?

She is dark blue..... some would say black but hey!! it came with absolute stacks of bill and m.o.ts... i will check them for timing chains.

the noise from this engine is unreal.... you cant help but put your foot down just to hear it......but then you find yourself back at the petrol pump :)

any hints on induction kits ......... cheers for the link dude.

A lot of folk seem to go for the K&N High Performance 57i Generation II Induction Kits.

Being a new owner i am thinking of making this change myself - so we could both benefit from this thread!

She is dark blue..... some would say black but hey!! .

That sounds like moonlight blue - a lovely colour but then i would be biased :D

corradoman24, mileage is nothing, care over the years is everything.

Take it from a VR6 owner with 205k miles on the clock on the original chains :)

If she's been well looked after, you should do fine.

Welcome to Corrado ownership! You'll be here lots... better let the g/f know... :lol:

205k... that makes me feel a little better!!! ;)

something i was concerned about was that my engine block says "vr6 2.8"... i thought they 2.9s...... im new to the vr as you can see.... i had my good old trusty 1.8 16v for 2 years..... (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with them!!!)

but i read that only the golfs come in 2.8s.......... !!! is there even much of a diffrence between them??!!

lukeage... i think moonlight blue is spot on dear boy!

sounds like its had an engine change at some point as all vr6 c's came with a 2.9 , engine code should be abv ... iirc

not cheap but imo the best induction kit is the bmc cda one

maybe it has had an engine swap...

thats not entirely bad means the old one went pop and it didnt happen when you owned it!£££££ i really dont think there much between them though.

Possibly not had the engine changed,could just be the plastic cover has been replaced.easier to get a Golf one than a Corrado one.The clips often get broken and the whole cover needs replaced.I belive the Golf ones say 2.8 on them.Unless of course you have been told the engine has been replaced.

okay.... i have spoken to a a guy i know who works in a tuning center..... he said vw did make a 2.8l lump for the c's...... he checked it over and said it has defo not had an engine swap.... apparently the engine was built before the 2.9 dohc and they called it AAA. also..... america recieved the same engine (us spec) and we (europe) got the pick of both!!! A MASSIVE weight of my mind. thanks for all your help people..... i am soon to be putting an induction kit and magnex on her.... should be fun!!!

Sorry, but that bloke is talking shite... The UK ONLY got the 2.9 VR6 in the Corrado... the 2.8 was never used in an official UK Corrado. He's correct that the US spec ones were 2.8, but if yours is right hand drive, it should be a 2.9

Check the engine number and find out what the first 3 letters are, they'll tell you if it's a 2.9 or 2.8...