Sign in to follow this  
Dancing Fish

Central Locking Problem - drivers lock

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my central locking that hopefully someone can help with.

1. From the passenger side I have no problems. Just the simple half turn will engage all locks.

2. From the drivers side, when unlocking, i have to turn the key as far as it will go and hold it and sometimes it will unlock. Other times the drivers lock will start coming up and then go back down again. When locking, i think it locks, but again, you have to hold it a full hard turn.

3. When i tried to close the drivers window by using the key in the door lock when locking the door, the window did not go up, but i do not have a problem with the windows.

It seems to be something to do with the drivers lock. Does this mean there is a motor gone somewhere, or a fuse problem or what? And where would the offending part be situated?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DF.

Sounds like a loose connection to me. There is a plug behind the door card which you can have a look at, or it may be at the handle end. Its fairly easey to remove the handle to have a look there too.

either what Stan says, or the microswitch in the driver's handle is dead/dying...