Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

can't drive her while monday

she's now sat on my drive with no tax or insurance :cry: tried renewing my insurance today but it has to be reffered because i've changed the factory wheels :( : all the others i rang up wanted stupid amounts £600-£750 so looks like i got a busy day on monday the one i'm waiting for on mon is £540 fully comp which is more than i payed last year,i was only paying just over £500 including the 17" alloys and protected no claims but when my renewel quote came through they wanted over £700 :shock:

insurance companies are gay - seriously

i was with AA for my rover estate - £275 FULLY COMP for me and the misses including business use.

ring up to change to the corrado - £2,700!!!! with £1000 excess!

got it through privelage in the end for £660 FC

bear in mind im only 23 years old and have 5 years ncb

what insurance company u go with veedub-g60, i've been looking, endsliegh who im with now wont swap cars on my current policy so and they want £2000 tpft, but i've been lookin and bell insurance are coming up very cheap compared to others, £850 with 2years licence 2 years no claims tpft and £1110 comp, best i've found so far but this is on 1.8 16v. cheers

are C's much more expensive to insure than a MK2? need to swap the insurance for the mrs over from the mk2 to the C and i thought there wouldn't be much in it!

just been ringing around for quotes started with norwich union direct as they were my existing insurer and the cheapest last year,now they quoted me £100 more than my previous years insurance :roll: anyway after a very long and difficult discussion its down to my postcode?so i decided to give brentacre a bell,how pleasing it was to talk to someone i didn't have to say "could you repeat that please" several times.anyway got by best quote upto now and probably take it.its £550 f/c protected n/c and allows any mods and upto 215bhp at the flywheel,is that ok?just need to get a catII imobiliser fitted as the alarm/imobiliser i've got didn't come up on there screen(scorpian739?)

also knew they'd be ok when they asked if i'd done the chip and pulley,all other companys worried at the mere mention of a change of my alloys never mind s4 chargers chips and pulleys,if someone could read my sign for the few mods i've done a give me a rough guess at what the bhp at the flywheel would be?and what i could do to achieve 215bhp at the flywheel,cheers

just read this on the site

EligibilityPlease read the following carefully

To obtain an online quotation from Quinn-direct you and any drivers named on the policy must meet all of the following criteria:

Driver Requirements

You and any named drivers on the policy must hold a valid Irish/UK or EU driving licence

You and any named drivers must be residents of the Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom

You and any named drivers do not suffer from any disability or medical conditions that will prohibit your ability to drive

You and any named drivers have not been refused insurance, renewal of insurance or had any special terms/conditions imposed by an insurer

You or any named drivers must not have had any accidents or claims within the last 5 years or have any claims pending

You and any named drivers must not have been convicted of any driving offence, ever been disqualified or have any motor prosecutions pending (excluding penalty points for speeding)

Vehicle Requirements

Your car is registered in the Republic of Ireland or the United Kingdom in your own name

Your car is valued at no more than €40,000 or £25,000

Your car is not a convertible, soft top, sports utility vehicle, cabriolet or kit car

Your car is free from any modifications/adaptations to increase top speed, performance or acceleration

Your vehicle is not a Car Van or 2-Seater Jeep (applies to Northern Ireland and UK residents only)

By clicking the accept button below I am confirming that the above is correct and that all information supplied or any future information provided will form the basis of the contract between Quinn-direct Insurance and me.

think i'll have to give them a call or say the cars totally standard

Try Greenlight 08707 53 54 55, I pay £458 fully comp with 4 years No Claims protected, with all mods declared