Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

E38 has cost me dearly, and I didn't even make it there!!

Thought as I hadn't seen allot of you Guys in a while I would pop down in the Cupra to see some of you all. Coming down the A14 near Hundington and approaching a roundabout. Some blokes in a knackered LT35 pick-up are in front of me and have no rear lights.

Anyway, they take off at the junction; but as they had no rear lights I couldn't see they had slammed on there brakes. So WHACK!; straight into their towbar; As a result my 4 month old Cupra now requires;

New Bumper

New Number plate

New Bumper Bar

New Radiator mounts - I couldn't get the car into 3rd or 5th as the Radiator was resting on the Gearbox end of the selector!! :shock: :cry:

New Intercooler

and possibly a new slam panel.

Did the usual; exchanged details. But just my luck; the blokes are contracted Polish Workers :roll: so my guess is they had no insurance at all. However, as I was behind I guess in the laws eyes I'm to blame for not being extra vigilant :(

So I'm now about £700 worse off :cry: Can't claim through insurance either as I can barely get insured as it is!

Absolutely gutted!

Report them for having no brake lights before someone else does the same...

That would be fruitless, since they would simply claim it happened in the impact.

Depends for what reason that they weren't working - really you should have had the old bill involved and they would check the rear lights if are traffic cops I believe as if you could prove they weren't working (with the help of the old bill) then it can be proved as not your fault. Still look into it you never know!

Gutted for you :?

Deffo look into how the law will see this... they'd get done by a copper if he saw it!

Best of luck getting things sorted