Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

Miltek Cat bypass damaging the lambda sensor!

Basically last november i bought a miltek cat bypass and back section for my J reg G60. Was well chuffed with it and have been until this weekend! It gives good performance yet is subtle, what i wanted. But i am having running issues with my car and it now sems like the answer maybe that what seems to be the design of the decat pipe. Where the lambda sits it forces it into the heat shield and has screwed the wires. This is partly my fault for allowing a crap garage to fit it, but though they are part to blame for leaving it even though it was such a tight fit, it does also seem to be a design fault! Has ne one else had a similar issue with their Miltek, as i have always heard good thing about them until now.

cheers

i have one ordered and fitted by jmr but it was all done by the previous owner, i had a good look at it, just out of interest really, and i have no issues with it at all, it also has the de-cat pipe, when i have a chance i'll have a look at the lamba and let ya know, otherwise nice sound..... and good fit for me.....

I am not sure on the make of mine, though it does get quite close to the heat shield, when i fitted a new lambda sensor recently i hammered at the heat shield a bit to give me extra room when fitting it, i would suggest you do the same when you change yours.

No problems with mine after 20k miles, was fitted by JMR - suppose the key is to determine whether it isd the design or the fitting thats caused the problem

See the thing is i love the sound and performance but just annoyed its gonna cost me, im taking it to a place called Janspeed on monday to see if they can manufacture it to fit properly!

All sorted now, not cheap but done, £75 new lambda and then got Janspeed in Salisbury to adapt the bypass, so now fits sweet, charged £50, recomend them for exhausts

janspeed do know exhausts it's just a shame that the only one they do for the c is a scorpian style one, glad you got it sorted buddy.....

juloesG60, Millteks customer service is pretty good, maybe worth contacting Phil Millington and seeing if you can get some of your costs recouped, maybe send him a photo or two..