Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

Riley you need to let gavin go for a drive in your car, or at least take him out for a spin.

The problem you are having could be down to ya chip, eg venting boost as it would wen it pinked, then good old digi-lag when you went for 3rd, you can have up to 4 seconds of lag you know!

wow,i thought at this stage(what page are we on now?) that you guys would have lost the will to live :lol: or run out of ideas.

really appreciate the suggestions.

wcrado,aye,timing was last set by ant(gibber) was it 6deg ant? think it was.ps:im using optimax 100% of the time.

im running the superchip that came with the car,and i still have doubts as to weather the new ecu is damaged as well as the old,with swapping and changing the psd chip which was fecked?

4 seconds of lag! thing is it goes flat at high rpm(full throttle)and then stays flat half the time,the bucking/hesitancy is mainly on part throttle id say.

i thought vag.com didnt show anything on the g60's?

i really could do with someone to have a good look over it,and driving it.

gavin,when/where are you knocking about on thursday m8? i can normally get out and about if need be.

oh i cleaned the plugs up before they went back in(still didnt look great tbh),and finally got new oil temp and pressure senders today :!: and a throttle cable because me and ant found it was stretched.

oh,and a vid of the afr,only got it on warm tickover though :oops:

neil.

Dont think vag-com works on digifant 1 no, but it does have a diagnostic output (hence OBD-1 On-Board Diagnostic), you can read the codes with an led, but the diagnostic pin on the ecu doesnt have a connector in the plug (on mine anyway) so it could be a chore! There is a diagram on snstuning.com that tells you which pin it is, and a list of codes and how to read them on vortex!

EDIT:

http://www.polo-gt.co.uk/mechanical/DigifantFaultCodeReader.html

http://www.snstuning.com/DIY/Digi%20Diagrams/ecu.htm

Worth noting that the 2 (2pin) connectors are under the gear lever panel on Corrado's.

I dont think they goto the engine ecu tho, they must just goto the abs ecu...could be wrong tho?

i took mine into a dealer once and asked them to read the code via the 2 pin plug,,,they hooked it up but it wouldnt talk to their machine

mmm digi lag that could explain something riley you have a superchip aka jabba the slut chip? i have one of these and it runs very rich as you say yours does returns awful mpg and has huge lag around when yours doesunless i use my anti lag right foot! When are you getting the new sns?

i thought you said someone was sending out a replacement chip??? what happened to that??

you need to ask them what fpr to use and make sure its suited to your pulley and inj

Um should the AFR cycle from lean to OK?

good question :lol: cool links too.a m8 of my dads tried reading the ecu,but mine wouldnt hook up either(using plugs under gear lever),his book said it should do and told him which plug to use :?

yeah bill,mpg aint nothing to shout about,sounds like you know what i mean,i thought the superchips were supposed to be alright,but then the word jabba comes into it i suppose :?

steveo29,the new chip should! be coming from steve at psd,but its been a while now :? still waiting on the receipt for the £800 quids worth of work too,which i seriously regret putting on my credit card now :roll:

the chip thats replacing the old one will be stage 5,to be used with standard fpr and injectors.

just basically mapped for full blend charger/68mm pully/boost return and ported/polished t-body.

neil.

just basically mapped for full blend charger/68mm pully/boost return and ported/polished t-body.

neil.

hope it works as thats exactly my state of tune.

yeah,i hope it works too m8 :( in fact im gonna send psd another email right now.

how heavily polished is your t-body bill?

im still wondering if mines too ott ya know...

ps:how many wires should there be to the coil? ive got 1 green and 1 black,is that right?

does one feed the rev counter or does the ecu do that?

No ppint in doing the well lane thing neil. They don't do troubleshooting on those shoot outs.

Gavin

Riley you are thinking about this all wrong, your problem is intermitant, think of something that can change or break down.

We you left mine for you test run, you car was breaking traction in second, there for it is not you porting!

AS for mpg you should be getting around 30 mpg average on the motorway at cruzing speed and not pushing it

No ppint in doing the well lane thing neil. They don't do troubleshooting on those shoot outs.

Gavin

yeah,true. :)

Riley you are thinking about this all wrong, your problem is intermitant, think of something that can change or break down.

We you left mine for you test run, you car was breaking traction in second, there for it is not you porting!

AS for mpg you should be getting around 30 mpg average on the motorway at cruzing speed and not pushing it

aye,good point ant,dont suppose the t-body would magically unport itself :lol:

the mpg on the motorway is prolly around 25 going off the mfa...

just read a post on dubforce,sounds like someone has a similar problem to what i had/the backfiring etc,says his lambda was sticking at 0.5 volts,my afr gauge sometimes stays sat in the same place,i just presumed it was needing that many volts at that particular time?

may test the actual lambda again to make sure its still alright.

it should definately fluctuate every single second right?

has my oil overfill damaged it do ya think?

cheers guys,neil.

nah your polishing of the throttle body won't be causing it, thats just gonna cause the air to flow real quick, but as gibber said, the problem is intermittent, so it's going to be something thats changing all the time. is there no way of testing the ecu (minus the chip) to see if it's faulty?

have you tried running it without a chip to see what happens?

a rolling road session mite be a good idea yeah, they may not be able to tell you exactly what the problem is, but they can certainly tell you what it isn't, which will help eliminate various things and narrow your search down.

my girlfriend has a similar problem with her gti-6, it drives fine 80% of the time, but now and again it bucks and is hesitant, exactly like it feels when it's running out of fuel. sometimes it actually grinds to a hault and stalls, and then fires straight back up again and is as good as new. i don't know if this is anything like what you are experiencing, but with my limited knowledge i would almost certainly say hers is an engine management problem.

i would get that ecu tested if it is at all possible

losing traction in second sounds pretty good to me though!

Gavin

yeah,true. :)

aye,good point ant,dont suppose the t-body would magically unport itself :lol:

the mpg on the motorway is prolly around 25 going off the mfa...

just read a post on dubforce,sounds like someone has a similar problem to what i had/the backfiring etc,says his lambda was sticking at 0.5 volts,my afr gauge sometimes stays sat in the same place,i just presumed it was needing that many volts at that particular time?

may test the actual lambda again to make sure its still alright.

it should definately fluctuate every single second right?

has my oil overfill damaged it do ya think?

cheers guys,neil.

hello neil thats me on the dub force forum the new lambda has not sorted the problem thou,i have a stage 5 sns chip in aswell mate

regards kevin

wcrado, havent tried running it without a chip,it wont run will it?

kevin, ahh thought you were on here too m8,so the new lambda didnt make the gauge cycle correctly?

mmmm. :?

met gav today(h100vw) sound guy,think he just came for a drive in my rado though. :wink: :lol:

he confirmed im not mad and he felt the flat spot,it didnt do the hesitancy bit on part throttle till after he had left though.typical!

gonna get the new chip in when the friggin thing arrives and see how it goes.

in the meantime,gav gave me a number for a chap who im gonna have a chat with,and probably let him have a look at it.

neil.