Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Fastest (Soon to be in)Production Car in the World

can't see the point of the car........ :shocked!:

first production car to break the 1000 hp barrier, it is massive challenge in itself. Plus, as Henny says, tyres, brakes all the stuff you take for granted needs to be designed from the ground up to take some severe punishment. A lot of work has needed to go into this car, and it *seems* that VW have gone about it the right way with all their testing etc

Personally I can't wait for it, its been a long time that an uber car has been released with such uber quality and high aims for success. Pity the closest I will get to it will be evo magazine!

From a purley engineering point of view its things like this that push the boundries back a bit furthur, yes it does have an absolutely bonkers level of performance and comfort to boot if the press releases are to be believed. However, I have no doubt that VAG's engineers had to come up with some creative thinking to get around the design challenges of making this car; some of these are bound to make it into future production cars.

Better tyres are good for everyone especially F1 :wink:

This months 'Car' magazine has a good feature on the Veyron - they got to sit in on a high speed test run - though 'only' to about 215mph.

It looks great IMHO (in photos anyway) possibly partly due to the two tone paint. Okay, so the car's performance is pointless in everyday driving terms but so what? It's a GT rather than a road-racer so should actually be okay to drive and reasonably reliable (after all, they've spent 2 years re-designing a lot of it). And I'd buy one if I was one of the seriously rich - think they've already sold about 20.

I agree that it's a pointless car-I mean,realistically,where are you gonna find a public road that you'd be able to use all that power on?

The sort of people that are buying this kind of car are either going to be using it to cruise around the streets of Monaco to pose,or put it in a collection as a future classic investment.(Or, more likely,the first place you'll see it on the road is in a Gumball rally!)

But at the same time,as an investment in technical advancement,it pushes the boundaries,with the cooling issues,transmission and tyres,brakes etc, but I cant see other supercar manufacturers jumping on this bandwagon.

It's a case of face-saving I reckon-"we said we could build this car and we have"-How embarrasing for VW/Buggati would it have been for them to admit defeat,with all their resources and tech know-how?

Personally,I'd like to see it in a straight line drag with an F1 car! :twisted:

But what technical advancements have they actually made? It's all been done before elsewhere.

The whole development of this car has been a farce - how many times have they put back the launch?! You get the impression that Bugatti failed to realise just how much work would be involved when they announced in a my-dad's-harder-than-your-dad kind of way, that they could build a road car that was quicker than the McLaren F1 (an eleven year old car, no less). I think if they could have quietly dusted it under the carpet and hoped nobody noticed, they would have - like Blown says, it's just a face-saving exercise now.

Having said all that - awesome performance, nonetheless.