Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Individuals or companies to polish wheels / refurb ??

Hey all,

I am looking to get a set of wheels refurbished. They are 2-piece split-rims with polished outers. The outers just need the corrosion cleaned off and a few minor curb marks removed. I would like the centres fully polished or diamond cut. I have had a quote of £105 plus vat per wheel to refurb and diamond cut the centres or £130 plus vat per wheel to refurb and polish the centres.

This was from a very well-known wheel refurbisher but it seems a little high at total of £493 plus carriage for diamond cut (for set of four wheels) or £611 plus carriage for polishing (for set of four wheels) ? Does anyone know of any other companies capable of doing this work who are more reasonably priced ? Or are there any people on here that carry wheel polishing and wheel refurbishing ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

get hold of low vento he is the daddy you should see his stuff! hes doing lots of bits for me, he had a load of stuff at ed 38 that looked amazing, (free plug discount please :D )

Ok will PM lowvento, just hope he will split them as well as would like them all done in one place at the same time and I never have a lot of spare time anyways. Is there any companies or other individuals that people have used for polishing and refurbishing split rims before that are reasonably priced ?

Cheers

If you are going to split them yourself, you could think about giving it all a go. I know you can get the outers polished for a £15 a time and the centres cant be that dear, buy some new bolts put them back together and your away. :!: