Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

best place to get a 9A engine info

Hello guys

As im going to take the rebuild of my engine on myself where can i find a step by step guide to rebuild it with all the torque values i need

i already knwo all the ones for the head so thats not a prob its the bottom end im doing for the first time

so things like oil pump and rod bolts etc.

thank you in advance

Bentley has a repair manual for that engine, but it's for a US Golf MK 2 2.0 16v 9A. Maybe is that a possible way to find the right info about your engine?

The Passat used the same engine from 08/88 - 12/93.. so the Haynes manual for that version of the Passat should have the info you need as well mate? :)

Hello guys

As im going to take the rebuild of my engine on myself where can i find a step by step guide to rebuild it with all the torque values i need

i already knwo all the ones for the head so thats not a prob its the bottom end im doing for the first time

so things like oil pump and rod bolts etc.

thank you in advance

Think it's all in the Haynes Passat one Alex, I'll have a look this eve and scan it for you if it's all there, there's certainly loads of torque settings listed. If not my dad built my 6A from a bare block so will have the info somewhere, he's certainly got piles of Autodata reference books at work which must have that info in.

David.

guys thanx alot didnt think i would get this kind of repsonse :)

still in two minds if to let a local guy put it back together as they have the proper equipment for honing and boring or if to have a go myself

but any info is great thanx in advance

Think Gavin(h100vw) picked one up recently..........he may be able to help you Alex

Good luck!

I did get a Bentley Passat manual at e38. It would appear the only engine the spams got was the 9A.

I can probably sort you with the info you need.

None of the Haynes manuals I have seen have the 9A in.

Gavin

None of the Haynes manuals I have seen have the 9A in.

Gavin,

Out of print Passat 1988 - 1991 Haynes Book No. 1647 has the 9A in it. It was replaced by the current Passat book 1988 - 1994? Best source is EBAY these days. Purple cover. Covers the pre face lift Corrado for other things quite well so is worth buying for a few quid.

Chris

-------

aposegil:

It covers 9A torque settings on the engine. If that is all you need, it's two pages to scan??

Chris, That must have been out of print chuffing years, I had my first Passat GT 16V in 1998.

I guess it was a 'workshop' manual, as opposed to the common or garden 'service and repair' manual, which isn't half as much use in my humble opinion.

Gavin

thanx for all the replies guys :)

hopefulyl have my block out this weekend as ive got to much on in the evenings

dont worryh no shamefull pics of the damage :cry:

maybe ones of the new pistons in there once ive got it to a machine shop :)