Sign in to follow this  
trev-b

16x9 " tyre manufacturers

Hey guys its time to change the rear tyres on my C (205/40/16 on 16x 9" wheels) and i'm having difficulty getting the same brand (federal). I couldn't find any info in the search so thought i'd try here. Does anyone know of any other makers tyre which fit those size rims or will i simply have to go up a size? Yokohama Paradas don't fit by the way as i tried them today.

Hey Trev,

205/40 R16....on 16x9" rims.....i'd recommend against that personally. You'd generally need a tyre with a larger section width to suit that rim. Going by the ETRTO (effectively the bible to the tyre and rim rim industry), you should really try 225/40 R16, but even then you may struggle to find anything. If you'd like, give me the front tyre size, and i'll do some calculations and suggest a replacement size. You'd probably notice an improvement on handling too.

Ian

I think you prolly want 205/45/16s on a corrado, 205/40/16 is actually smaller than the stock tyres!

dazzyvr6, edited jus for you buddy

215/35/16 would also look really mean on a 16x9 rim but costs a lot more too

Polo Classic, looks soo good and ive seen them running on alot of cars and they do work........if you run the proper size for a 16x9 rim it would most likely or definately foul on the arches

i've seen 195/45/16's used on a 9*16 rim before, have used 205/40/16 on the same rims for years and never had a problem

Ok, try 225/40 R16. This is probably the smallest/closest tyre size that would be recommended for fitment to a 16x9 rim.

:brickwall:

Thanks for the advice guys, 225s would be far too wide unfortunatly as the 205s catch the arch and they've been cut back (pretty low though). I ended up getting 205/45/16 Federal 595s which fill the wheel a lot more than the 40 profiles. Federals seem to be one of the only tires to accept such a stretch owing to their large rim protectors. Will post photos asap.