Sign in to follow this  
nolan

which swissol wax to use?

Hi all, my flash red corrado is due for a good wax before winter :roll:

I have used Meguiars Gold Class Wax before with good results however after searching the forum it would appear that Swissol wax is the daddy 8)

Swissol offer an impressive range of waxes with impressive prices to match :shock:

I have shortlisted the following waxes - which one should i go for :?:

WCH10118 Zuffenhausen premium wax for modern German cars 200 ml. The recommended choice for all German cars such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and Audi produced since 1980, optimised for their two-component coatings. Contains 40% ultrapure Brazilian grade one carnauba wax for a deep, long lasting shine (typically up to 3 months between applications) to protect and nourish your paint. Use after a Cleaner Fluid wax pre-treatment.

WGB10156 Saphir -premium wax for all paint colours 200 ml. Increased protection for all paint finishes, 40% Carnauba giving a deep long lasting shine - apply every 2-3 months unless you're a keen polisher and will do around 25 standard size cars, so cost per application is about £3. If you have several cars with different paint systems, this is the one for you. Saphir contains a much higher concentration of ultrapure Brazilian grade one carnauba wax (over 40% by volume), and is also an excellent choice for modern water based paints. Use after Cleaner Fluid wax pre-treatment.

Any experience/advice about using these waxes would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nolan,

Probably go for the Saphir wax, and remember that you should use the Cleaner Fluid before the first wax application, and probably a Paint rubber as well to get the paint seriously smooth!

PM me for more details and £ etc.....

John

Swissol offer an impressive range of waxes with impressive prices to match :shock:

Yeah but it works out at £3 per application though, unlike Autoglym, which is good for about 2 applications, so £6 per application!

I use the Shield wax and assorted other products, can't fault it.

Nolan, as John says, it's built into the wax.

It's great stuff, I only put it on once a year (cause I'm lazy) and the water runs off the paint like it was just applied all year round.

Thanks for the advice :D I have ordered a Shield Starter Kit from John.

Look forward to seeing the results of using a top quality wax 8)

Will post photos of the result.

Cheers

The Shield Starter Kit was delivered last week (thanks John) :D

The kit certainly looks the part........just have to find the time to use it :roll:

Flash Red is a pig of a colour to keep red - therefore will have to thoroughly follow the swissol handbook and spend time to do each panel in turn to get the best result. Swissol recommend that a 'paint rubber' is used before the cleaner fluid and finally the wax. I have already got a Meguiars Clay Bar which I assume is the same as a ‘paint rubber’.