Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Audi Vs VW, A3 Vs Golf..which would you have?

yea, Ibiza same platform as polo/Fabia.

Just be careful with mods, as it does effect resale price a bit. My preference would be to keep it subtle on a mk4, or just about any car comes to think of it.

K03S is only on the Anni and run out MK4 GTIs....they chip to 240 but with less torque than what the K03 engine can chip to. The 150 engine has the best head, but the smallest turbo, so if I were you I'd save money and get a nicely spec'd 150. Revo it to 195bhp with 223lb/ft, uprate the TIP, fit induction kit and you've got a nice little engine, and believe me, it is quick. Well up to the job of putting Civic T Rs in their place. You can add the S spec K03 at a later date to get the 240 brake but you won't really notice the extra 40 tbh, well, the difference won't light your fire by any means.

SEAT..... yeah I know they're based on VW platform but I'm sorry, they're just not the same imo. The interior quality is miles off VW's and Audi's and they're SEATs at the end of the day, so will drop like a brick in value.

Thanks for the update Kev.

I think there were 3 types of engine. The pre-2000 ones got the pick of the heads and the smaller turbo. Then after 2000 the heads went down a bit due to money saving but still had the same turbo. Then like you said the runout MK4 got the 180 bhp setup.

I could of course be miles out

Sounds about right, but the engine you want is the AGU as it has the bigger head ports. Then you fit the 3S TIP and enlarge the air intake bore as it's tiny as standard. That's basically what my mate's done to his and it really shifts and it's dead smooth with it, no lag either. The 225 can be a bit laggy if you go mad with it, but the 3/3S engines are superb for bottom end.

Defo get a spec'd MK4. My mate's has the black leather recaros, sunroof, A/C with climate, headlight washers, etc etc....I've not seen another MK4 1.8T quite as well spec'd as that, it was over £20K when new. He paid £11K for it 2 years ago from a VW dealer. Pretty sure it's a 1999 car, can't remember his reg.

If I had the money I would defo get the mk4, but if cash is important then it will have to be an Ibiza Cupra as they can be had for £5k. So has a remapped 225 got much lag then? Was considering a TT225.

I think I like em more on the MK4..

forum3.jpg :D

Those are 19's too! The arches just swallow em up!

Can get em in 18's too mate.. you really need to lower the car though as on standard ride height, it looks ridiculous :)

oh yea of course, I can see you are very tempted to put them on your golf Jim! you could take them off and sell them on ebay before you sell the car ay.

No mate - not my motor sadly. But i'd like it to look like that. Black anniversary headlights, a bit of paint tidying + anniversary kit, sensible drop and those wheels.. my car could look like that :)

no the 210 /225 engine with the K04 turbo doesnt have much lag when mapped.

PS. my car has the RS4 replicas. the RS6 ones are 5 spoke and not as nice IMO

Compared to the 150 engine it does, imo....

Hmmm, RS4s....too many faked ones kicking around on MK4 Golfs, TTs etc, far too common. Genuine RS4 and RS6 rims are 5x112, so it's a big give away when they're on A3s and MK4s.

BBS LM is the only wheel for the MK4 Golf, and those blacked out lights....imo.

Yeah the LM's look lovely on the Golf.. but they just cost too damn much. And living in a place like Cov, well, you'd wanna consider having a locking bolt in every single stud hole! :)