g60greeny

new era bora v6 4 motion :D

well here she is,my new daily

1 owner from new,62k full heated leather factory fitted sat nav climate control....an i love it!!!!

being picky to make me totally happy the bumpers need sorting as they have been smoothed but not plastic welded so have cracks in them,but that gives me something to do an shouldnt be too expensive :) an find my gliptone an get the leather treated :)

im shocked that you can get such a well spec'd car for less than i sold my g60 for 8)

heres a few pics anyway

083.jpg

081.jpg

079.jpg

077.jpg

075.jpg

073.jpg

071.jpg

069.jpg

067.jpg

065.jpg

063.jpg

nice,you defo get more for your money these days! you will love all wheel drive in the snow! :tongue:

yeah the tt was quality in the snow,im most impressed with how quiet it is,but when u put foot down it just feels hard as nails,an its proper comfy lol

noooo cant spend anything (although keep lookin at what can be done lol )

i need what money i have left for more serious things :)

noooo cant spend anything (although keep lookin at what can be done lol )

i need what money i have left for more serious things :)

Luckily theres a few touches that will make it look fresher and cost next to nothing. Its just a case of little details

A very nice looking car, don't know why but Bora's are a bit of a hidden gem especially a 4 motion. :salute:

As you said it is amazing the prices these newer bigger engined cars are going for and they are an absolute bargain. I fear the looming threat of £400+ a year road tax is having a negative effect on prices.....

Can't fault you greeny! Lovely example, especially with proper satnav.

They do make a lovely comfy daily and long distance car.

I find mine a bit wallowy compared with the C - how's yours?

I read not long back that there were only 168 Bora 4Mo's registered in UK! :shock:

OOoooo that makes it rare :D

tbh with fuel costs i dont watch the speedo anymore an just watch the mpg computer,cant afford to give it the toe end lol

Nice Bora, g60greeny. I've been looking at one myself, it's an absolute beaut for the money. I'm just concerned at the tax/petrol consumption. I've seen that the 4motion is a 'K' band car, but on checking this, some 2000 cars are £205 for tax and later ones £245, is that right? The tanks 60ish litres? What MPG can you get from it? Parker's review says 35mpg overall, others say 25? I think a 4 wheel drive could really help me in the winter as the roads I drive are country roads that aren't gritted. Cheers.

25-30mpg average. 4wd wont help if your tyres are **** or your on ice.

Cheers. Yeah, good point. I suppose it would be too much outlay for a short space of time, sort of, where the weather's really bad. I think after crashing the VR6 I'm naturally a bit wary of which car to go for now in anticipation of next winter.

Mine's an '02 and taxes at £245.

Long term [6 years] average mpg has been 27.

Both this and last winter it never put a foot wrong, shod all round with fairly low mileage Hankook Ventus-prime.

VAG-hag's daily is a 150 TDi, pulls like a train :shock: and returns upwards of 50mpg. On the move it's very civilised though in town traffic you can tell it's an oiler!

Mine's an '02 and taxes at £245.

Long term [6 years] average mpg has been 27.

VAG-hag's daily is a 150 TDi, pulls like a train :shock: and returns upwards of 50mpg. On the move it's very civilised though in town traffic you can tell it's an oiler!

27 aint bad is it, overall? Probably about the same as my VR6. £245 for tax is a bit strong though. I do like the look of them.

wow! new forum looks spanky!

anywaaaaaaaaaay,its that time of year for a change again,soooooo if anyone fancies a nice v6 4 motion drop me a pm

an as soon as i get round to it i will be making an advert :)

dont really have proper tinternet at the min :(

Hi g60greeny, tried to send you a PM but apparently your inbox is full! Bit of a random post but after seeing a set of recurs from a fiat strada abarth in your old corrado I've been longing for a set for mine! How easy were they to fit and what did you need to do? Lastly, how the hell did you find them?! I've looking for ages but to no avail. Can you point me in the right direction at all?

Thanks mate,

Sam.

In answer to your question, my mate Doug (Tribetype40) originally sourced the seats and made the subframes and re-trimmed them in the brown leather as part of his Aston Martin themed interior.

They come up here and there on the web, but are not easy to find. Awesome seat though. Basically a tilting bucket.

Jay

That's exactly why I want them, they look great, really supportive, and tilt! So did your mate actually have to fabricate frames for them? If I managed to find a set how much do think he'd be looking for as I'm not sure where to turn where I live to get them made. Just trying to gather info at the mo so when I do find a set I can go for it.