Elboy

Corrado Haynes/Repair Manual

:x Hi everyone, just joined as i'm considering buying a 16v corrado very soon.

Been to look at a few already and thought it might be a good idea to do a bit of revision on them before buying. So i popped down to my local halfords only to find that Haynes never did a manual for the corrado! Eh?? Why not? The only other decent one i can find is one from america off amazon at a wopping £95!!

Does anyone know how i am supposed to get information on the car i want so bad?

Ps. Is it better to go for a 2.0 16v or a 1.8 16v. I've heard the 1.8 is better. Any views or pro's and cons??

you have come to the right place here is where you can learn everything about the corrado.....

and welcome by the way 8) :lol:

Welcome Elboy!

Sadly there never was a Haynes :( The american one (Bentley Manual) only covers the Corrado's sold in the US (G60 & VR6?), but £95 is still a bit too steep, I've seen them go for about £50-£60 on e-bay (there's also a CD version somewhere too).

Since the Corrado is based upon a Mk2 Golf (running gear) and a Passat (chassis & bits), these are the Haynes manauls I'd think will be closest (mind you, even my old Mk3 Golf haynes has helped!). I think I'm right in saying that the 2.0 16V lump was also put in the Passat... not sure about the 1.8.

Then there's the forum, you're pretty much guaranteed to find someone on here who can help point you in the right direction for finding parts, doing work or modifications, there's a great bunch of poeple on here! (who've already saved me ££££'s so far)

As to which one to go for, it's not a case of which one's better, it's about which one gives you what you're looking for, they both have there pro's & con's and like Joe M says, check out some of the threads to see what they're about.

Have fun & good luck!

DtM.

There should be a thread on workshop manuals in "Common Corrado Questions"...

You'll have to make do with a mish-mash of manuals, rather than everything being in one "bible" (although this forum should have answers to just about every common question...)

Halfords do sell a manual by Lyndsey Porter that covers Golf/Scirroco/Passat/Polo/Corrado that does have some useful info.

Also, if you can get hold of a copy of the Bentley manual on CD-ROM, and the VW/AUDI parts catalogue CD-ROM (known as "ETKA") then you will at least have some decent exploded diagrams of various bits.

Deleted post - Please do not offer copied / pirated goods on this forum!

Edited by Supercharged