Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Offering my services........

Jay> on the unit side of things, you'll be close to Phatty in York, so i reckon a couple of guys with both your levels of knowledge and skill would have no problems getting work in.......

Will you still be offering your services after you've started work oop north (I'm think I need a TT dash in my mk2 Golf).... :wink: 8)

Jay, I could do with some help and/or advise on doing my next project, send me a pm if you are interested, I would pay you for your time!

Heh.. well I don't think he was offering to do work on peoples cars for free you know ;)

Jim :roll: I ment I would pay him for his time even if he was only advising! Although I would try and palm him off with a good feed and a few beers :lol:

Gibber you have PM.

I will try and sort out some sort of unit eventually but for now I will only be able to do work in situ.

I think Phat has had enough of doing his own stuff, let alone other peoples. :)

Valver - I am sure I can help people with interesting projects after I move up. A TT dash conversion is a massive massive job, but something I can definately do :), assuming everything I need is supplied (dash, clocks, wiring etc..).

Jay

Hello Bill,

Glad you like the car mate, its been hard work!

The major parts you would need to get for the conversion to climate control on a G60 are as follows.

Obviously you need the later type dash in order to mount the climate control panel once that is sorted you need....

Complete MK4 Golf heater matrix including all the wiring, ducting and fan etc..

A MK4 Golf air con rad (condensor)

A MK4 Golf air con compressor

A MK4 Golf air con drier

Complete MK4 Golf air-con pipe work.

Control panel, relay unit and as much wiriing as possible.

That will give you the basics to start an install, then comes the complex bit. You have to cut a hole in the firewall for the air-con connections to pass through and seal properly. You then have to mount the entire MK4 climate control system inside the car and mount the pump to the engine.

Once they are in place (sounds easy but its not!) you need to mount the condensor infront of the radiator on some brackets.

Once all this is done you need to modify the MK4 pipework (cutting the ally pipe and having it re-welded) so that it fits around the Corrado shell.

That then just leaves getting the electrics to work, which is all sorts of fun!!

This is a massive massive job and I have not yet done one on a G60 which did not already have air-con installed.

I would think you are talking £900 to install it all if the bits are supplied.

Jay

Jay, as I'm selling up I'm not needing any work done, but if you need any info about good/bad bit's of York, drop me a line... If I need anything doing on my Gold (if I ever find one) I'll drop you a line though!

Cheers,

Tom

I could do with someone to get my active spoiler working, its been irritating me for the last year and have had many attempts to do it myself but still no joy. :(

Jay

I'd love to get you to come and help me and Stevemac put my engine back together and back in the car, but alas with the cost of the rest of it all I don't think I could afford you!!!! phnar phnar!!!!

I forgot to mention. I have a fully working proper version of VAG-COM too so I can scan any cars for faults etc.. if you need that doing....

£15 and I will run a full check. Would love to do it for free, but need cash! :)

Jay