Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

S2 coupe vs Corrado

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that, that's actually one on my list, if possible the Sport Quattro but I'm trying to be realistic here :-P

And the other one I want is the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo2, all in good time

Would you rather have the S2 or the UR Quattros? Money and all other things aside of course, just a curious question.

UR every time....the original and best..................

and doesn't a corrado VR perform better then the audi coupe aswell?

from memory a VR should have all the(non turbo'd) audi coupes..............S2 beats the VR every time tho

Used to have an rs2.

http://www.locomail.com/niko/mycorradow ... ndrs22.jpg ( the corrado was in bits in the garage).

The rs2 being a porsche tuned estate s2, had 385hp, (315hp standard)). Extremely rare and great performance on the straight line. But with its extra weight not so much fun around slow bends, no grip even with quattro. On a slow bendy circuit my 220hp corrado beats it, easily.

But the audis are obviously well made and easy to tune. Have a an old s4 (like the silver one pictured which was mine before the rs2) with basically the same engine. Chipped it to an increase of 40hp for next to nothing. Try that with a normally aspirated engine...

Would you rather have the S2 or the UR Quattros? Money and all other things aside of course, just a curious question.

UR every time....the original and best..................

We saw (and very much heard) this group when we were in Germany at a car museum local to Karmann. This was about half the group. Christ, did they sound awesome, and I would think a fairly natural progression from VR6 ownership - rarer, faster, etc.

My mate has just bought an S2 Avant for less than £4k with an RS2 turbo and intercooler on it.... Believed to be 330 brake! It goes like f***! Although is really laggy til about 4k rpm. I've driven a couple standard coupes too... Even they go like stink. All i will say though is, in my experience, Audi = bloody expensive parts, and normally everything you touch is a nightmare to do. I've worked on them a fair bit and always seemed to have complications compared to a VW.

I think that one was at Knockhill one of the days I was there. There were 2 s2's with the MRC logos and they were hitting 140 where I was hitting 105.

i was still getting round the track quicker though, they were all over the place on the twisties. :)

Looks wise, not my cup of tea. It was nice in it's time but it's not aged half as well as the Corrado has.

Too bloody right! I used to love those, but looking at it now, it's like being 12 and fancying your mum's foxy mid-30s friend, then seeing her again when you're 30 and she's mid-50s. Something of a disappointment :D

But by God, hasn't the Corrado aged well?!?

i dont know looking at that pic of the MRC one it kind of looks good with the RS2 front bumper

i guess its down to personal choice

as posted ive got both. The green s2 that was mention is my mate toms )it wails like a banshee mainly due to the sperate 3" wastegate pipe. The blue one above is Doug's. Ive got this dilemma at the moment as one has to go. Not got time at the moment to put my opinions up as im off to work but ill post up tonight.

Gav

There were 2 s2's with the MRC logos

I was meant to say MRC, not ERM :oops: Yea, that pic looks like one of the S2's that were at Combe....