Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Daily drivers are fantistic things!

Here is a sneaky pic of my daily driver... can you guess what it is??

Ha Ha you git !! Saw you in it the other day mate, looked sweet and sounded errr .... not like any other

Got a mk2 GTi as my runaround....

Got it ensured on a separate policy but..Admiral will mirror NCB across onto second policies.. so now got 7 and 8 years NCB on them respectively...

Here is a sneaky pic of my daily driver... can you guess what it is??

Ha Ha you git !! Saw you in it the other day mate, looked sweet and sounded errr .... not like any other

Sounds remarkably like my car ;)

Supercharged: I know the answer!! What can I win?

Erm daily drivers: Well the Mk1 Rocco arrived when my daily driver was a breadvan Polo. Needless to say the Mk1 was designated for shows and special events only, apart from the occasional blast, but never to work, as on the work car park there are simply too many tw*ts that would happily sign their sh*tty contract paperwork on the roof of your car (yes, it's one of those posh business centres and conference centres, so lots of importatnt suits walking around, who drive Rovers and Jags, and don't give a monkeys about your pride and joy).

The I was intending to replace the very boring indeed Polo with a Mk2 Rocco. Unfotunately it was to be a Storm, which after 2 weeks I realised was too good and rare as a daily banger. So that became my 2nd toy car, undergoing mods etc. at my own pace.

Then a Mk3 Goof (sensible this time, I know) was to replace the Polo, until a German mate of mine handed over the keys to his G60 Rado for 3 days whilst over in Germany. Yup, within less than 2 months I had a G60-Rado, but alas again, it was kind of special, in that it was a US-spec model with all the toys and gubbins. Ultimately this was getting ridiculous, the Polo went, and I kept on wlking to work instead. That's more relaxing anyway, clears the mind (inhale the fumes of all those morons sitting in Coventry's lovely traffic jams, aagrressive and all, listening to sh*tty radio stations :lol:), saves loads of money, and I don't have to put miles on any of my now 3 toy cars in stop-and-go-traffic :-)

There's nothing nicer then taking the Rado out at night in Coventry and surrounding villages for a nice little cruise :-)

Tempest

Just picked up my daily driver today and am well chuffed. It means I can take my time over fitting the 312s (eventually they'll be on) and it also makes the Rado feel more 'special'... especially when the daily driver is a Mondeo!! :lol:

Adrian Flux will mirror your no claims to a second car.

and Supercharged it's a Corrado!!

my corrado's my daily driver, but since i only drive about a mile to work and back its no great stress on it, and it still feels special when i get to drive it properly. I do fancy a mk1 as a runabout/retro project though.

I’ve got a very reliable and economical A3 for a daily runner, great to drive plenty of grip and safe as can be. It lacks the soundtrack and exhilaration of the corrado, bringing out the C for a tear now and again makes all the hard work even sweeter & its not as stressful to get the car back on the road when doing a job on it as some people have mentioned.

I'm currently loving my new Daily Driver.

Saab 9-3 Vector Sports Saloon in black with cream leather and the obligatory sound system upgrade!

I've got the git insured as a classic for the princely sum of £230!

I used to drive a 1.6 automatic(!) ashtray, but i felt like such a traitor!

The only thing is I always see other corrados when i'm not in mine.

My daily driver is a 94 Xantia TD with 270k miles, which i only paid £600 for 3 years ago. In that time, i've covered over 50k miles. It has paid for itself enough times over, and i couldn't ask for a more reliable car. It does help when your dad is a Citroen mechanic though :) I bought this due to a job change, where i have to travel 90 miles a day. No way could i afford to run the VR that distance... Prior tho that, the vR was my daily driver.

As for insurance, i have 2 seperate policies. 1 for the Corrado with 10yrs NCD, and 1 for the Xantia with only 3yrs NCD. Luckily, HIC acount my 10yrs discount for both policies. Howver, if you go to other run-of-the-mill companies, they will not do this. When i first got the Xantia, and was phoning around for quotes with 0yrs NCD, i was getting silly quotes of well over £1k to insure it TPFT!! Ridiculous! Insurance is this country is such a con. Jim is absolutely right, you can only drive one car at a time, so how am i more of a risk in another car? I'll stop now, as this could turn into a rant..

Steve