Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

G60 Vs BMW 325 TDS

My mate is looking at buying a 325 TDS, and reckons it'd kill a G60.

Anyone have any opinions of this? the TDS has 142bhp and a 0-60 of 10.1 secs [ish!

He wants to take me on at castle combe or santa pod.. even offered to bet £100! Easy money? both cars will be standard engine wise.

Baz.

If he's only got 142bhp pushing all that weight he's unlikely to stand a chance against even a standard G60 I'd say. 0-60 in 10.1 seconds?! It'd be almost criminal to take his money.

he is obviously above his own head, he claims he will beat you at a drag strip when his car does 0-60 3 seconds later than yours.

dont take this the wrong way but i got all the info i need.....he is a bmw driver

kICK HIS ASS! thake his money! then laugh at his car :lol:

O yea don't forget to say i told you so :p

Act all cagey like its gonna be a close one then get to the strip, wish him luck then show him your boot. He has no chance as long as you dont crunch your gears. :)

so its seems im not alone in thinking hes out of his depth! It's funny though, he's so confident, that it actually makes me think maybe he's right?! I'll have to get a vid posted up when the event happens.

[edit] if it happens!

The older generation of BMW diesels aren't half as good as the current ones, so it should be a walk in the park! They do have a fair bit of torque and good traction off the line though.

Less BHP, more weight.. you should nail him mate. Take him up on the £100 offer - should be the easiest £100 you ever made.

Thats the good thing about the Corrado - often underestimated by those who don't know them ;)

he has underestimated you, the reason he is so confident, a) cos he's a BMW driver and b) they do have good in gear acceleration, but I would think on a track you SHOULD especially easily see him off, he will probably be understeering all over the gaf with that huge cast iron arger up front! hahaha, just say that to him and wind him up even more!

No harm in visiting g-man for a chip and pulley before the event. £100 collected would go quite nicely towards paying for the work ;)