Sign in to follow this  
bix

Hesitation between 2-3krpm

My g60 has developed a problem :( Seems like rileys power on, power off, power off, power on, problem between 2-3k, kinda kangaroos but just doesnt pull as hard when power off, I'm sure this has only just started because it would have shown up on the power run I got done, and the power delivery on that is smooth, kinda like it misfires at 2500 and 2750rpm, then after that it just pulls normally.

Got a new set of plugs yesterday, dizzy cap, rotor arm, and temp senders are all fairly new(tested the temp senders too), tested the throttle switches. Also doesnt seem to be a boost issue, was quite surprised to see just over 1950 on the mfa at 2500rpm, I'll check it with the boost guage later, cuz the mfa doesnt respond quick enough anyway I think. I've never change the leads since I've had it, but surely this cant be the problem?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ryan

as soon as i saw the title to this,i thought eye up that sounds familiar :roll:

what condition is are the vac pipes in?

the ones that run from t-body to carbon can shut off valve?

and the fpr pipe?

i replaced both of mine with new,and made them the correct length,its sorted mine!

i think? it was possibly the t-body one that was frayed and worn where it attatched to the t-body.

neil.

check your vacuum hoses carefully for splits, tears or wear... if there's any vacuum leak, a G60 will run like a sack of cack...

was quite surprised to see just over 1950 on the mfa at 2500rpm,

Interesting. When I tried this at the weekend with my newly built and ported charger I was at red line before getting a reading this high. It has me concerned really. What do you guys normally see ?? At what RPM would your MFA be reading max boost.

Interesting. When I tried this at the weekend with my newly built and ported charger I was at red line before getting a reading this high. It has me concerned really. What do you guys normally see ?? At what RPM would your MFA be reading max boost.

Thats correct, got 2100 at 6200 rpm

Bix - I think this must be Vac related, maybe Darren has some ideas...

Thats correct, got 2100 at 6200 rpm

Bix - I think this must be Vac related, maybe Darren has some ideas...

Was hoping for 2100 myself after JMR worked his magic. Think I have a small boost leak from my intercooler so have to get that checked.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Bix. But I was just concerned about my boost after reading that you are seeing 1950 at 2.5k. Im not sure its normal to see a high reading like that at low RPM.

You have to bear in mind that your FMIC is a lot bigger than the standard small one in a corrado so the boost pressurer will drop anyway??? thats what i noticed on mine after i had fitted my G60 FMIC, i was getting 2000 - 2100 on mfa now i get around 1900 - 1950...

was quite surprised to see just over 1950 on the mfa at 2500rpm,

Ok looks like I told a bit of a lie! Its [email protected] then goes upto 1920@3k, I have seen it of 1940 low down before tho, but then it drops off a bit, and hits 2000@redline and bleeds :x

Vac hoses all seem fine, dont have the one to the cc, and its blocked off at the throttle body, could be leaking i guess...its too hot atm

EDIT: attachment didnt work, not that its too great :?

EDIT2: gah video still didnt work, whats the max filesize?

Vac hoses all seem fine, dont have the one to the cc, and its blocked off at the throttle body, could be leaking i guess...its too hot atm

are they all the correct length m8?

are they all the correct length m8?

Well the ecu hose thats supposed to be the critical one, I chopped 5mm off, but just pushed it on 5mm less, I really cant see the lengths being that critical myself, but I dunno, anyway its never been an issue before and I've change nothing, it just happened :?

EDIT: only thing I have change is the 68mm pulley for a 65mm pulley, but that shouldnt cause this problem!

did you change the chip when you did the pulley? If not then your fuelling will be a mile out and you'll either be running lean, or running fully retarded as the ECU panics trying to stop it from running lean... :|

No I didnt but, I was told by Bilal the chip could be used with either 68 or 65mm pulley and red top, but either way its running too rich if anything, cuz the new plugs I put in yesterday have carboned up already :?

The ECU does make a difference. A cm or 2 is ok, A mate of mine had one that turned out to be 15cm short. It would pull ok on a small throttle but booting it made it bog down well badly.

Gavin

re pic:bloody hell,dont think mine hits numbers like that so low down the rev range!

mine hits 2000 at redline,is it because of the 65mm pully? mines 68mm.

bix, ah, OK, if Bilal says it'll be OK then it should be as he's the guy to ask... 8)

re pic:bloody hell,dont think mine hits numbers like that so low down the rev range!

mine hits 2000 at redline,is it because of the 65mm pully? mines 68mm.

Probably